Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
Pros: - Keeps my FX-9370 Black Edition nice and frigid. In my case (with horrible airflow) it kept the CPU under 45 degrees while stress-testing. At idle my CPU reports it is colder than the ambient air around my computer, so props to Corsair for breaking the laws of thermodynamics.
- The pump has two attached 4-pin headers for the included fans, which is handy if you're running now on fan headers.
- It also has a USB header that attaches to your motherboard, allowing you to use software to control the fan speed manually, as well as change the color of the pump's LED (which is a bit much in my opinion, but hey).
- The USB header also exposes a temperature sensor (either in the pump, or the radiator), which is nice if you're into that.
Cons: - The supplied AMD standoffs had a different threading than the backplate, making them useless. However, one of the two supplied Intel standoffs was the correct threading, so I guess that's not a big deal.
- Unlike previous Corsair coolers I've used, this one uses the stock backplate rather than a supplied "custom" one. Which meant digging through piles of spare hardware from 2012 trying to find the backplate that came with my motherboard. I guess that's really my problem, but it'd be handy to throw in a backplate for unorganized people like me.
- Corsair really should consider consolidating their software into a single suite, or something. My keyboard, mouse, and this cooler all have their own little Corsair icons on the taskbar. Granted, you don't need any of those special drivers/utilities, but if you do want to change your LEDs or whatever, those icons stack up fast.
- The onboard temp sensor isn't picked up by OHM. More likely something on their end, though.
Other Thoughts: If you have the case room and the money for this, get it.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Rosewill RC-6-HDM-MM-BK-3 6 ft. Black High Speed HDMI Cable M-M
Pros: It's an HDMI cable. That's why you are here, because you're looking for one, right? It does HDMI things well.
Cons: I guess the plugs are kind of loose but it's not like that will ever make a difference ever.
Other Thoughts: HDMI is a digital protocol, so it's not like you need some high-dollar fancy gold-plated whatsit. Get this cable and be fine. Don't pay a billion dollars for something that delivers the same results.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Rosewill RK-9000 - Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue Switches
Pros: This keyboard was absolutely brilliant and glorious. Great price for a mechanical keyswitch, and the design was sturdy*
Cons: See the asterisk in the pros? Yeah, that's because, like everyone else in the reviews, it stopped working, because the man somewhere deep in a Chinese prison couldn't properly solder a USB-B plug to the PCB.
Other Thoughts: Like I said, this keyboard was brilliant until that solder gave out. Someone with a steady hand could probably re-solder it on, and be perfectly fine. I almost caught myself on fire last time i soldered, so I'm shopping a different brand now as far as keyboards go.READ FULL REVIEW