Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Black ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case
Pros: - Fantastic amount of room in this case. Freaking easy to install anything and route cables. Only a fool would have a hard time installing a system into this chasis. Speaking of installation, the center of board has a prebuilt standoff which sticks up from the tray. Just sit the board on top of it. It helps to hold board in place and assists in lining the board up with the other mother board standoffs to put screws in.
- Hard drive cages made it easy to install drives. Just slide drives in and they snap into place, both 3.5” and 5.25” bays.
- SSD drives can be mounted behind mother board trays. Easy to install as well.
- Fans are high quality and produce great air flow. My fans are hooked to my mother board and running at 50%. System temps are low and system is quite.
- Plenty of dust filters and they are all easy as can be to remove.
- Case looks really nice and classic.
- Huge hole behind CPU makes mounting any aftermarket cooler a snap.
- Hard drive cage can be moved up or down depending on how you want air to flow. If you have only SSD drives, mount them behind the motherboard. This will allow you to remove the HD cage permanently which will increase air flow.
- Cables inside the case (power, HDD activity, USB 3.0, etc.) appear to be fairly long and are well routed. Should be no problems here.
- Left side of case has a huge clear panel. Easy to see inside the case and you see everything.
Cons: - Cable management could be a touch better. It’s good but not great. An extra quarter or a third of an inch of more space behind the mother board would have made a major deal. Or, have the back cover bulge out a bit to allow for more room for the cables. For a typical system with a single video card along with 2 or 3 HDs with a DVD/BluRay drive the user should not have a problem although people with non-modular PSUs may have a little extra work to do.
- Front and back covers are a bit thin. They flex a fair amount when removing them or putting them back on. Not bad but noticeable.
- Front air filter for the front fans may need to be a bit more course to filter dust better. I haven’t had my chassis long so it is hard to say how the filter will do. Plus, the area my system is in isn’t bad about dust so I may not ever notice a problem. Others may though.
- LEDs on the front fan would’ve been nice.
Other Thoughts: Great job Corsair. This is a very well made case combined with some thoughtful design elements. This review gives four eggs though. The devil is in the details and the details hold this case back a bit. My last case, an Antec Nine Hundred Two v3, was a horrible case. The 450d beats it hands down.
However, this case does flex a bit here and there. The cable management on the backside could easily be better as well. Adding a touch more space behind the motherboard would have made this an awesome to great case. In that case, I would have given this case five stars.
I suggest Corsair come out with a 450D+ and fix the very minor problems with this case.
To those reading this, don’t let my four star review deter you from buying this case. It’s a fantastic case. I seriously doubt you can find a better case for the price. Get it.
Pros: - keys feel great
- backlighting looks fantastic. intensity is adjustable
- keyboard really feels solid and well made (except sound control, see below).
- comes with some replacement and keys along with a key puller. The regular keys are black and without texture. The replacement keys are slightly red with a rubbery texture to help distinguish them from the other keys.
- Includes a detachable wrist pad which works well.
Cons: - price; I paid about $120 for this. It's to expensive. I looked at some other keyboards from other other manufacturers. I really like this keyboard, but I can't help but wonder if I could've gotten basically the same keyboard from another OEM for $30-$50 bucks less.
- The board has a volume control for sound in the upper right corner along with a mute button. The sound control rolls up and down. This has a cheap, flimsy feel to it. In fact, there are times when I try to adjust the sound and it doesn't work. I can't help but wonder how long that control will last. My last keyboard had a knob in the upper corner for volume control. It was MUCH better than this method.
Other Thoughts: This is a nice keyboard and I'm happy with it. My previous board was not a mechanical board. I'm having a bit of a tough time getting used to typing with it. When you type, you have to be deliberate and really hit the keys or your work will be full of typos. Keep at it; you get used to it.
Pay attention to the price complaint I had above. This board is just too expensive. Do not be afraid to check out competitors boards.
Other than the sound control problem and the price, this is a nice board. If you get it, you probably won't be sorry.
This review is from: VANTEC HDA-250M 2.5" to 3.5" Mounting Kit
Pros: - nice black, solid metal item
Cons: - I should've seen the other reviews for this product when I bought it but didn't. As everyone else noticed, the side screw holes which are used to mount this inside the 3.5" drive bay are not standard size. My screws didn't work. Normally, this would not have been an issue as I could have used the included screws. Alas, my case requires the use of ridiculously long screws to secure anything in a bay. The included screws were to short while the screws included with my case would not work as this adapter used non standard thread screws.
STANDARDS EXIST FOR A REASON!!!
Other Thoughts: Some products, if you are concerned about them, you can give a 4 or 3 stars to. This type of product either works or it doesn't. Since it didn't use standards threads in the holes, this product simply didn't work making this the first time I've given a product a 1 star on newegg.
It is a shame. This product is very well built and solid. It just simply didn't work.
You've been warned.