Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: iKross Wireless A2DP Bluetooth Audio Music Adapter & Streaming Receiver With 3.5mm Stereo Output + 3.5 mm Stereo Coupler for Portable Speakers , Headphones , Home and Car Stereo Systems
Pros: simple. cheap. tiny. I bought 2 for my cars.
Cons: * won't stay on when plugged into power, like a car charger
* gets confused if you want to use multiple audio sources, or other bluetooth devices.
* sometimes just wigs out and drops connection permanently
This review is from: YAMAHA RX-V471 5.1-Channel AV Receiver
Pros: basic receiver, cheap
Cons: About 40 days after I bought this, it died completely. I contacted Yamaha support, and they took it for service. It has not been fixed after 4 weeks; supposedly they are waiting for a part.
Be aware that even if this system functioned properly, it has several drawbacks:
* "USB" support means it can play from USB storage that is smaller than 2GB. This is so meaningless that I didn't even have a drive that I could test it with.
* To configure any of the advanced settings (eg subwoofer level) you have to have a television attached to the unit. It is sold as an audio receiver, but will not really work in any setup other than a home theater.
* The remote is almost worthless without a TV connected to the unit. You can change volume, set the input, maybe even navigate to a radio station, that is it. The remote has about 100 buttons, of which about 5 are useful.
Other Thoughts: I bought this after reading decent reviews in consumer reports. I won't make that mistake again, with electronics products. I wouldn't recommend Yamaha electronics to anyone.READ FULL REVIEW