Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Felt like it cured my very severe allergies, haven't sneezed since Ive been running it.
- Main filters last long (yearly) and clean air amazingly.
- Took only 5 minutes to setup and get it running and on high 5 minutes later the room already smelled cleaner and completely different.
- The carbon filter manages to filter out strong smells (for me that would be from the cats litter box in the hallway).
- Lightweight and easy to carry, small and fits quite well anywhere.
- Uses only 60 watts? maybe??** (see cons)
Cons: - Pricey filters
Yearly filter replacement will run around 100-150$ to replace them, this is of course if you have it on automatic 24/7, id guess you could go 2-3 years if using it periodically for seasonal allergy control.
- Sensor Oddities
Normally the air sensor should fade from blue (clean) to green to yellow to red (bad), i have a faulty one or i have the worst air ever, anyways heres how it goes, i turn on the purifier in closed airtight room, it works normally, the light fades properly from yellow to green to blue after a half hr and stays blue and seems fine, after a few hours hours of running it flat out turns red and never changes, i checked the sensor for dust/dirt etc cleaned it in accordance with the manual and didnt work, i guess its possible the air is just THAT bad, but it doesnt make sense that it does that, if i power off then back on turns to blue nearly instantly again then after several hours suddenly red with room shut the entire time. The light from the sensor can be annoying at night anyway so i just turn it off.
- Power Usage Uncertainty
The back of the device states it only uses 60 watts which is hard to believe since most fans half as strong as the one in this use 200-300w some as high as 800w, the manual says nothing about power usage, manufacturer brochure on their site states it should be be on a 15 amp breaker which is odd considering this thing supposedly uses less electricity than a single standard lightbulb so it shouldnt matter what breaker its on if the 60W wattage is true.
Other Thoughts: This made my seasonal allergies virtually nonexistent when in a room with this thing and the airs noticeably better in general, the price is stiff as is the yearly costs of maintaining it, i didn't take any eggs off because the cons arent that big of a deal, it does what its supposed to do and will freshen up a smaller room in minutes.
Overall if you have allergies/asthma this WILL HELP ALOT, really up to you to decide if its worth the cost of buying and maintaining.
Pros: - Fast processor, decent ram, VERY nice camera and 16gb space for a great price.
- The rear camera with nvidea tegras HDR processing takes great quality photos in any type of lighting.
- Great clear colorful screen, with very accurate multipoint touch detection which works surprisingly well, managed to start drawing with four fingers on the screen around an inch apart each and the tablet managed to keep detecting them properly even while running my fingers into each other.
- Stylus is easy and fun to use detection is great and can easily erase handwriting, this tablets definitely one of the best for notekeepers.
- Power saver functions of the nvidea tegra keep this tablet running for a long time with it enabled.
- Audio/Mic are great and the speakers are much louder than other tablets ive used, sleek design feels very sturdy.
- Wireless for streaming media to compatible wireless televisions and wireless printing.
- Has microSD slot for up to 32GB more space.
- Strong enough internal magnet's to stick this thing on a refrigerator its not slipping anywhere if on a metal surface.
Cons: - The rear 5mp camera has a varying random delay when taking a single shot photo. In single shot mode, after tapping to take a picture, ive had anywhere from 1.5 but usually 2 to 3.5 seconds delay before it would actually snap the photo, which is more than enough time to miss something happening that you're trying to photo. You CAN use rapid fire mode which has 0.5-1 second delay then snaps several photos but i dont want to have to delete a bunch of duplicates maybe i'm just being picky but its odd it can usually take 5 rapid photos faster than it can take a single shot in the same quality.
- The front facing cameras cheap 0.3MP is just plain horrible quality for 2014, not to mention most 0.3MP cameras look better than the one on this tablet, its also unusable indoors at night in 60w equivalent warm CFL lighting (the lighting seems to cause most cheap cameras to appear way darker).
- The rear camera lens is flat with the rear of the tablet, might make it much more prone to scratches.
- Strong internal magnet's. Yes its also a con, useful to keep tablet still but again i cant help but worry about the extra pressure this may create on the camera lens if the tablet was slid while on a metal surface.
- Battery life without power saver, the ad for the tablet states 'Up to 10.5 hours' newegg specs state 'Up to 7.25 hours' but both of those are likely only possible while the battery saver is on, without battery saver on i got about 5 hours just texting, taking pics, drawing & testing functions while brightness was set low from a full charge.
- Not a big fan of the tablets packaging, second tablet ive had that came with the screen pressed right against the box, a bad bump and the screen could be damaged quite easily if anything managed to poke that side of the box.
Other Thoughts: As far as the rest of the tablet goes its really great for its price, nice strong cpu good for multitasking, should be a really good tablet for most games since it has some of the best touch accuracy ive seen on a tablet, could use more ram though. I seem to typo more often on this tablet not sure if im just not use to it yet, or the fine touch detection triggers too fast before my fingers centered on a key.
Overall if it matches the specifications and the price that your looking for, its a great buy and you likely won't be disappointed *exceptions being the noted cons or maybe anything ive missed*.
Extra random test - sleep power usage was average around 9-10% power per 6 hrs of non use (with battery saver on) So it should be able to sleep 2.5-3 days.
Pros: Crazy fast processor for a midsize tablet, games and apps load very fast and run smooth, I haven't had any sort of lag on any apps I have, a great choice for anyone who does alot of multitasking, LG's 'slide aside' also makes multitasking easy.
Quick and easy setup (It does ask you to sign up for a couple unnecessary things on start though, if you dont want to just tap the home button).
Sturdily built and well constructed, the rear camera lens in recessed far enough in the metal frame to protect it from scratches just as well as any other tablet/phone can.
Great display quality can be bright enough to see in almost any environment, the color on mine was clear and perfect.
16GB storage with microSD slot to add up to 64GB, 16GB is more than enough for me but its nice to know I won't need to worry about running out of space.
Sleeps extremely well using VERY little power when left on and not in use, the battery lasts long in use as well this tablet is perfect for people who forget to turn things off.
Miracast & SmartShare both worked great and I had no trouble streaming media with either of them.
Cons: The one thing I hate so very much about this tablet itself is the cameras. I take a TON of pictures, if anything the thing I would use this the most for IS taking pictures, I have alot of cats and like to randomly take pics of them whenever they are acting silly. The cameras are great in daylight & MOST indoor lighting, but I have 60w equivalent CFL 'warm' lighting throughout my house & at night for some reason all the pictures come out very dark even if brightness & exposure are maxed out, i have to lay down with the ceiling light directly shining in my face to get a clear picture of myself, due to this I can't take pictures/clips at home after around 6PM which well really really sucks.
For something that costs over 300$, the box it comes in has it extraordinarily unprotected, I was shocked to open it and see the screen just right there pressed against the front of under less than 1/16" of 'cardboard' thats too thin to even qualify as cardboard. Whose idea was that I mean really?? What?? Sticking this in a plain bubble envelope is far more protective than the box this ships in! I noticed several low reviews complaining of screen/color issues and I'd assume this might have something to do with it. Mines perfectly clear & looks great.
A semi-con is that its just too new, not alot of cases to choose from that fit, it definitely should have shipped with some sort of protective case, especially considering the badly designed box it ships in.
Other Thoughts: Personally i think tablets having an IR to turn them into expensive remotes is kind of a con haha. Yes its a useful function, but I've spilled alot of stuff on my remotes ruining many of them over the years and this isn't something I'd want to be tempted to use as one. But really the only real cons for me is the camera flaws and the horrible packaging. I'd give this a 5/5 if it weren't for the two major cons it works wonderfully, long battery life, fast, everything you could want really its hard to complain. Personally for me its more of a 2/5 but that's because the camera is so so very important to me, but I'm giving a 4/5 cause other than that its a wonderful tablet great for beginners & experienced users alike.READ FULL REVIEW