Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Inexpensive mini-ITX 1150 with 6 sata
Cons: Despite what Asus's website says, it does not work with G3220. I get no DVI out and no way to upgrade the BIOS. Asus support was limited to asking if I remembered to plug it in.
Other Thoughts: I switched to ASRock Z87E-ITX. It was more money, but worked fine.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: * Six drive bays. All support 3.5 & 2.5 with no adapter needed for 2.5.
* Three included fans provide adequate ventilation. Fan controller is a good feature.
* Quiet. 3.5in drive mounts have vibration isolation.
* Small. I don't think a system that support 6 3.5in drives and a full-size power supply could be any smaller.
* Good number of cable tie mounts.
Cons: * Removing motherboard requires taking out other components first. The small form factor makes this kind of hassle expected though.
Other Thoughts: My 16TB RAID build:
* ASRock Z87E-ITX motherboard
* G3220 CPU
* 5 HGST 4TB drives in raid 5
* Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
* Corsair CX600 power supply
* Fedora 20
This review is from: IN WIN IW-BP655.300TBL Black Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 300W Power Supply
Pros: Small, room for a full-size DVD/Blu-Ray drive. 300 watt power supply should support most setups.
Cons: USB2 only on front panel. Power switch needs improvement. Not many places to attach cable ties.
Other Thoughts: I use a i7-4770 for H.264 encoding, so this small system has some horsepower. Improvements I would make in a new version of this case:
* Get rid of 5.25in bay and shrink the case a bit more.
* Make the side vent better suited for a 120mm fan (you can mount one there, but it isn't exactly designed for it).
* Switch front panel from USB2 to USB3.
* Provide places to mount cable ties.
* Improve power switch.
Gigabyte GA-B85N motherboard
Crucial M500 240GB msata SSD
Arctic F8 & F12 PWM case fans