Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Rosewill RCX-Z1 Long life ball bearing for over 45,000/hrs CPU Cooler
Pros: - simple install
- comes with a fan controller
- using it in a HTPC on a6-5400K. I can run the fan down to 25% which is quiet enough for a HTPC.
Cons: - At full throttle, it's loud.
Other Thoughts: For the price, it's better than stock plus you get a fan controller to boot.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
Pros: - fast boot
- simple install
- I'm using classic shell so I have no issue with the tiles
Cons: - I'm severely disappointed that Windows 8.1 regular edition does not include the media center. Windows 7 Home edition included media center. Now, if you want to use media center, you have to upgrade to Pro. I specifically bought this for a HTPC only find it didn't have media center. Thanks a lot MS,
Other Thoughts: If you want to use this for a HTPC, you need to buy the pro version.
Classic shell work really well. Takes it back to a windows 7 like desktop.
Pros: - low power
- perfect APU for HTPC setup
- more than enough umph for video, internet, DVD, or whatever you need for a HTPC
Cons: - stock fan is meh. I always upgrade to a better one to keep the CPU cooler as a cool CPU lasts longer.
Other Thoughts: So pleased with this APU that I built for son's HTPC I ordered another for my own HTPC buildREAD FULL REVIEW