Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Great power to cost ratio. It is a beast of a card. Not top of the line, but well worth the cost if you are looking to upgrade without breaking the bank.
Cons: Size. I know they list the dimensions of this card on the specs page, but man, you don't really understand how big it actually is till you see it. I was surprised at the size difference when I upgraded my GTX260 to a GTX660Ti, but the 1060 makes the 660Ti (Also MSI brand) look like a shrimp.
This doesn't mean the card is bad, just something to keep in mind and double check it will fit your case.
Other Thoughts: If this card supported SLI, I would buy another for sure. It has been chewing through everything I have like nothing.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Its RAM. WYSIWYG* applies in its fullest.
*What you see is what you get.
Kinda hard to write a review for something like this. I mean I ordered RAM, and I got RAM. Exactly what was expected. Price was good, albeit higher then it used to be a couple of years ago, I once got 16GB for $65, but considering the current average price of RAM these days, Its hard to complain with this particular set. As far as 8GB sets go, this one isn't bad at all.
Cons: No choice of colors. Would be cool if we could select from a range of colored heat spreaders, but what can you do...
Other Thoughts: Comes with a cool GSkill sticker. I love those kinds of stickers. Now it looks like my Nvidia Shield tablet has an i5 and some GSkill RAM in it. XDREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Looks great, and feels like solid construction.
- Plenty of room for almost everything (Ill get to that*).
- Aside from the side panels, the top panel removes, allowing you to get your hands in to those trickier places.
- Front fan dust filter. I've never had a case with a dust filter before, so I am excited for that alone.
- TONS of room for power cables. Having the PSU in the back compartment means I was FINALLY able to get good looking cable management for once. If I had a modular PSU, I could do better, but as is, I was able to hide all unused cables very easily.
- Includes 2.5' drive rack standard. My normal 2.5' to 3.5' drive adapters wouldn't align my SSD correctly with the included sata ports on the 3.5' drive mount, so this feature alone saved me from having to buy some special adapter for one, let alone my 3 SSDs. So major kudos on that.
- Side panel with windows and NO fan blocking the view into the case.
- Almost everything, just shy of the motherboard itself, has easy to grip finger screws. Im talking the side panels, the vent covers, the adjustable part of the PSU mount, and even the expansion card slots.
- No screws necessary for the 5.25" bays.**
Cons: - *One tiny issue I had with the case. It has 2x3.5" bays on the bottom with sata connections already in place. This itself is fantastic, but the bay on the left side (Looking in) has some issue with the cables and the adjustable PSU mount getting in the way. You can just bend the cables, but it feels like I am bending them TOO much to make them fit around the PSU mount.
- The front fans include a dust filter, but the top does not. It would have been nice to have included a filter there as well given it is basically direct access for dust to fall into the case.
- **The 5.25" drive bays require you to orient the drives a specific way. (Tray opens, you put the disc in on the left side, when looking at the front of the case). This isn't really an issue, but I was trying to put my DVD drive on the other way and was wondering why it wouldn't click in till I really looked at how the snap pegs worked. And because they were metal, they scratched up the sides of my DVD drive. Minor issue as that will never be seen from the outside.
- I'm throwing this in the cons, but it doesn't really detract from the case at all. But given the case and all of its insides are black, the inclusion of some LED fans would have been nice to illuminate things. The case is great for for the cable management impaired like myself, so being able to show that off would have been nice. But nothing a few extra bucks cant resolve. So again, not really a ding on the overall case, just wanted to point that out.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I couldn't be more happy with the case. I would defiantly consider getting another If I needed another case. It looks like they could nicely stack on top of one another.
And for anyone looking, I just want to point out that YES, this is a wide case. So measure twice before getting it.
One final note: Double check who is selling the case. I know Newegg doesn't do a good job of pointing out when they are not the actual seller, but I strongly suggest NOT buying from " antonline.com". I paid about $20 more than I should have because it was sold through them, and from what I gathered after looking into it, they tend to overcharge on a lot of things.