Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Rubber corners are the best design choice ever
* Quiet, good air-flow (I do not own the tools that can measure this)
* Looks nice (not too 13-year-old-space-ship-esque)
* Comes with appropriate power adapter
Cons: * Better instructions on how to utilize the rubber pegs included with the fan?
Other Thoughts: The rubber corners which pad the screw-holes are ingenious, as they prevent the fan from rattling against your case. Construction of this product - everything from the blades to the cable - seems pretty solid.
Personally I use this for the side chassis fan (the one present on the chassis "cover").
Pros: * Fast, silent, small, low power - everything you'd expect from an SSD
* Affordable ($120, no shipping; less than 1$/GB)
Cons: * Does NOT come with a 2.5" ---> 3.5" adapter. This is acceptable - I just wanted to warn people.
Other Thoughts: * Maxes-out Windows 7 hard drive score (7.9 i think?)
* Sustained read/write on my Win 7 machine was roughly something in the upper 300 MB/s region (390 MB/s write is a stretch but possible)
* Access times were stupid fast (I went from 15 milliseconds on a 7200 RPM had drive to about 50 microseconds on this SSD; most people won't care about this stat, but still!)
Pros: * Speedy; noticed an instant difference coming from 12GB of 4-year-old DDR3 RAM.
* Interesting removable heatsink design
Cons: * Expensive
Other Thoughts: 5/5 when it comes to performance, but at $180 for 16GB, there are certainly more economical choices if you're willing to settle for some slightly slower timings and clock speedsREAD FULL REVIEW