Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: NVIDIA SHIELD - The Ultimate Gaming Portable Designed for Serious Gamers
Pros: I had a chance to play with the prototype version of Shield at GDC earlier this year, at that time I was not quite impressed, as it didn't feel right when held, probably because the two thumb sticks are too low and too close together. Today I got the production version, and played for couple of hours, I am happy to find out that this production version feels way better than the one I played at GDC earlier this year. The back is rubberized, feels sturdy. To my surprise, most Android games I threw at it work out of the box with the controller. Yes playing with a console controller is way better than playing with the touch screen. Couple of things worth mentioning:
1. Controller is absolutely amazing, much better than some so called professional controller accessories made for Android phones. The tension and precision of the two sticks give you a 360 controller feel, if you are a 360 or PS fan, you will feel right at home here. Seriously, try Cordy or Shadowgun, you will get better scores!
2. Screen is not pen-tile, but RGB strip, so you are getting the real 3*1280*720 sub-pixels, not only 2/3 of them. If you know what I am talking about.
3. Speaker is really nice, better than all phone speakers I have ever played.
4. It is Android! Open and flexible, you don't need to crack it before you can run custom stuff on it or transform it to something totally unrelated. Remember PSP? If you wanted to run a text viewer on it or a file explorer, you'd better be prepared to throw 1 week into messing around with it and also risk bricking it. Here, everything is already ready for us geeky minds.
5. Like it or not, it has a fan and it kicks in when in intense gaming or apps. But usually won't be running for a long period of time.
6. Right stick can be used as a mouse in normal Android mode.
Of course it might not be for everyone, but for geeky people like me, it is pretty good.
Cons: A little too heavy, but according to iFixit, it is because of the two hefty batteries in there. I guess in order to power the powerful Tegra 4 for a long play time, this is somewhat inevitable.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ORICO 6618SUS3-BK HDD Docking Station with E-SATA and USB3.0 Interface
Pros: works as expected and pretty fast.
Cons: I cannot get eSATA hot swapping working though, don't know it's the problem of my machine or this dock. So I am using USB3 instead for hot swapping support.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: OKGEAR OK4250 2.5" SATA HDD to USB 3.0 Adapter w/ Cable & Silicon Protection Case
Cons: Has some severe compatibility issues. Most of the time the computer simply cannot see it. When it works, it works for just couple of seconds, and then the computer reports it as ejected, as if you did that, only that it ejects itself. Tried both Mac and Windows, same symptom. I have WD My Passport USB 3.0 portable drive, never have a single problem with all my USB 3.0 ports on my system. I even made a 12V power supply cable myself and plug it in, no luck (this adapter can actually drive a desktop drive, but you need to plug in the 12V power supply, which is not included, you don't need this external power supply if only used together with a laptop drive)READ FULL REVIEW