Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Price, good colors, Connects to a PC as a storage device, Micro SD, Camera, Very similar performance to the 2011 Nexus 7 but with much more features.
Cons: Screen gets finger prints easily, Slow CPU but we can get around
Other Thoughts: I have owned two nexus 7 and broke them, so i decided to go with a budget Tablet. Now I realize how fat Google got. Yes this Tablet has a slower cpu but is the CPU is slow or google applications are spy too much ?! I replaced chrome with CM Browser and DicePlayer with BSPlayer. Now this me173x performs as well as my Nexus 7 2013 !READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Synology DS213j Diskless System Network Storage
Pros: - Good Performance for media streaming
- I can go forward and backward on my video on my smart TV
- Admin interface is very complete with a lot of option
- DLNA server has a lot of index options, you can customize indexes
Cons: None, it is pro model with budget price.
Though I would like to have more options to setup my HDD, like chunk sizes so on ...
Other Thoughts: - Replace my Buffalo that came with low quality drives
- Need 2-3 days before it will operate, though I liked this
- I needed 3 days before I was able to get everything in my house working properly. I do a lot media streaming.
- I bought those expensive $200 Seagate Entreprise drive with 128MB cache but it is useless on a wifi network. You better go with the entrprise quality HDD but only with the 64MB cache. The right high speed drive will insure flawless streaming and long life for your media server
Pros: DLNA server works very well
Easy and fast to setup
Can stream two HD movies
Cons: Mine came with a WD green HDD which is not recommended for NAS and RAID environments !!! So after 11 months my storage failed and returned it to where it came from.
Other Thoughts: If you are on budget, you better buy the empty unit and add a custom selected HDD ( I recommend Western digital red), Though my new NAS storage will be equiped with Seagate Constallation ES3.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.