Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - top notch hardware - i7 6700HQ, Nvidia 980M, 16GB RAM, 512 SSD. Boots in less than 10 seconds and plows through any game you throw at it.
- good build quality - yes, it is plastic but has a solid look and feel.
- awesome sound - probably the best sound I've heard in a laptop to date.
- customizable - the discrete video card can be changed.
- great cooling - I can hardly hear the fans even when doing casual gaming and both the CPU/GPU remain cool.
- great keyboard - you can program the back-light colors and use predefined effects.
- nice mate IPS screen that provides a great picture and accurate colors.
- the price-quality ratio can't be beat by anything out there! I got this monster for $1649. everything else that is with similar specs costs close to $2000...
Cons: - battery life - you can get up to 4-5 hours on battery if you're just browsing and about 1 to 1:30 hours max when gaming.
- big and heavy but I knew what I was getting into
- software issues. some of the drivers are awful! the Killer LAN driver killed the laptop all together with BSOD (kernel check failures and IRQ errors). had to remove that driver and now it's all solid.
- mediocre track-pad. the two finger scrolling sucks (hard to invoke and not responsive) but I'm just spoiled by the Mac's track-pad. I always use a wireless mouse though. The area around the track-pad is a fingerprint magnet.
Other Thoughts: I can understand how some not so techy users can get frustrated if they can't figure out what's causing the blue screens.
If you have your own Windows license I suggest you do a fresh install and put only the software and drivers that you really need! The laptop itself is outstanding - the software installed on it doesn't do it a favor!
Those blue screens really frustrated me but I ran some mem tests, checked the disk, read the forums and managed to isolate the issue without having to contact support. Almost took an egg or two off because of them.
The cons are really not that major and I highly recommend this laptop. It's worth every penny even when not on sale!
Stable and reliable
Other Thoughts: Got my first 8GB 4 years ago - no problems what so ever. Runs on specified speeds without any issues. Just got another pair (now with 16 GB) and all is great. The second pair looks a little different than the old ones but they seem to be compatible. The PC is stable and fast. Didn't even had to default the BIOS settings - just put the RAM in and all is good. Highly recommended. Stole these babies on sale for $40...READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Dual Outlet Electric Timer
Pros: You can program both outlets separately. The programming options are just enough to satisfy anyone's needs.
Easy to use and set up.
Cons: None - works as described.
Other Thoughts: Make sure you put the battery holder the right way. Otherwise, you might tweak the connection plates and the unit won't work...READ FULL REVIEW