Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Dual band to provide your own options for networking
- Guest wifi
- Easy interface
Cons: - Not solar powered? JK
Other Thoughts: I wish I could come up with a con to balance this review out a bit. However, for what you should expect from this price range, it does everything fine and I haven't had to reset it once since I connected it over a month ago. Running strong. This is my personal experience thus far.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Syma Mini Chinook Cargo Transport 3CH RC Gyro Helicopter(S026)
Pros: - Very durable chopper blades
- Cool look
- Can charge through controller
Cons: - Controller uses AA batteries (6!), not a rechargeable item.
- Manual states 50 mins to recharge, only 6 mins of flight duration. That stat wasn't on here when I looked through specs. Others in price range take 25~ mins or so to recharge and last 8 minutes.
- Power switch almost very easily broke off, very tiny and flimsy
- Charging doesn't always work, have to unplug and replugin repeatedly to get it to work
- Randomly loses equal power to front or back of chopper, causing it to intensely fly forward or backwards (probably into your house plant).
Other Thoughts: First RC helicopter cheapo I've bought, so I may have had high expectations? This thing is more of an inconvenience then it is fun.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Acer TimelineU M5-481TG-6814 14" Ultrabook
Pros: - SSD for cache = great boot times
- Dedicated graphics, this 640M LE has GDDR5!!
- Battery life
- Thin / light, yet maintains a DVD-RW drive
- Backlit keyboard
I did a bit of research on the dedicated graphics and processor before buying, and it delivered what I expected. It plays modern games on medium to high settings. I even missed the fact this has a backlit keyboard, which is amazing since I like watching shows on my laptop before bed.
Cons: - Acer comes with tons of bloatware. Although it is a tad better then an Acer model my girlfriend got last year. [Reformat!]
- Some of the keys were crooked, the Y key and one of the Windows keys. However, after some use, they have mostly straightened out.
- This type of laptop is more difficult if you want to swap components, as there aren't plastic compartments (although I guess this is expected in ultrabooks).
- Brightness on screen doesn't get quite as bright as I would like in certain situations
Other Thoughts: This may be useful to some: You can use MSI Afterburner to overclock the dedicated graphics to 710mhz core, 2500mhz memory and get a performance boost. I did not notice any significant increases in temperature. I haven't tried past 2500mhz as that is the stock clock for the desktop GT640.
This thing was really quite a deal, compared to everything else in its price range it is a clear winner.