Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Fast ( UI is snappy, changes do not always require reboots, connection speeds are healthy )
- Stable ( runs and runs and runs and now weird disconnects )
- Good tech support ( via email takes a few days but resolved a minor issue that was really just confusion about the settings in the router... There are a lot of them )
- Can handle a lot of devices without blinking
- setup is simple will detect network configurations and get you going fast but still has a TON of powerfull features.
!!!!!!! Most important !!!!!!! ( for me and any parent who has networking skill )
The Parental controls in this router are better than ANY i have seen. I have tried them all. I have turned over routers because what they offer just does not cut it. This has finally given me an all in one solution that is usable, solid, and work!.
Can set limits on a machine by machine basis, can filter certain content "Adult" twitch, etc. Perfect for control of your teen inet junky and usfull for setting limits!!!!
Cons: - Asus websight can be slow some times ( I was an early adoptor and first few weeks support section was not even there )
Parental Control - room for improvment:
1. There is no way to set up a default policy for all computers. e.g. all computers are blocked from Adult content. You need to do this on a machine by machine basis.
2. Limit to 16 clients for parental control settings and time schedule. Thus will only work for a family
3. I like all the extra access to power user settins but there is very little documentation on what they do. Requires a ton of web browsing and i still have not figures them all out.
Other Thoughts: - have not tested MIMO yet. At the time of this review alpha firmware was just release and I do not have access to a client yet.
- Really want to test the Pripritary radio for the extra bandwidth. Don't by the hype on the extra speed as you need a compatable radio. However given this routers firmate and ASUSWRT is so !!!!!! good I will be getting a bridge to suite and maybe even a wireless MIMO pci slot for a computer from ASUS in the future.
Pros: Sound great and I still wear them for a long gaming session. Sounds way better than my Razer Tiamat and I do not miss the 7.1 at all. I guess it is too hard to fit a head set with good drivers that support true 7.1 or even 5.1 for that matter.
Cons: You need a good driver for these. 150 Ohm
Other Thoughts: My sound card on the ASUS Rampage V Extreme supports this by default no problem It detects the power setting NP and sound great.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: GELID Solutions FN-FW12PL-18 120mm Green LED Case cooler
Pros: Look great. Comes with all you need to install. PWM control allows for low noise and better air flow when you need it.
Cons: Comes with little rubber screws. I really like these but they are hard to install and subject to breaking.
Other Thoughts: I wish I could find these in 140 mm format.READ FULL REVIEW