Showing Results: Most Recent
Cons: Very disappointed by this terrible product. Ordered 3 and all 3 were bad. All charged very slooooowly and none had anywhere near the expected capacity. So wait a long time to charge and get almost nothing for it. One unit didn't work at all. This is easily the worst USB charger I have ever seen.
Other Thoughts: Avoid this product.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Vantec Power Gem Black 3500 mAh Rechargeable Portable Battery VAN-350BB-BK
Pros: This puts out 2 Amps and can charge a full size 3rd generation iPad or iPad Air. Of course can charge any cell phone with ease. It can charge your devices while being charged AT THE SAME TIME! I've never seen this with any USB charger. So a single USB wall charger can charge this device while the device also charges 2 cell phones attached to it. And this thing charges faster than most USB chargers, so you get more charge faster than usual. Important for short airport layovers. Last of all, the device stays on for a minute or two longer than most chargers, which means it doesn't auto-shutoff just because your cell phone became fully charged and stopped drawing juice. Tiny issue but most charges sense this, shut off in the middle of the night, and you wake up with your cell phone half charged in the morning because it was discharging for half the night. Won't happen with this charger.
Other Thoughts: More than enough capacity to charge most cell phones at least once. Able to charge a full size iPad about 15%, which is amazing since iPads require 2 Amps and most USB chargers this size can't deliver this much juice.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Vantec Power Gem Blue 3500 mAh Rechargeable Portable Battery VAN-350BB-BL
Pros: - Charges twice as fast as other chargers
- Actually delivers its rated 3500 ma capacity.
- Able to output 2 Amps to charge iPads.
- CAN RECHARGE WHILE ALSO POWERING YOUR CELL PHONE <--- Unusual and very handy.
- Means you can charge 2 deviced AND recharge this unit from just 1 USB charging source. Pretty handy.
- Seems to have an instant on or always on mode, which is nice because cell phones stop drawing power in the middle of the night once fully charged, then the USB battery charger automatically turns off and then you wake up in the morning and your cell phone isn't charged 100%. With this unit your cell and the charger will be 100% in the morning. :-)
- Fairly compact and lightweight at 4 oz.
Cons: None. This is an excellent charger!!!READ FULL REVIEW