Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ASUS Zenfone 2 Unlocked Smart phone, 5.5" Red, 32GB Storage 4GB RAM, US Warranty
Pros: -Very Fast! Not that my old phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) was slow, but it was noticeable when it would reach the RAM limit, which was 2GB. This phone has 4GB so it's a bit snappier and haven't noticed any slowdown with multiple apps open.
-Crisp screen with color controls
-5MP front facing camera for better quality selfies
-5.5 inch screen
- Great performance for on the go gaming
-Long battery life! With heavy to moderate use from 7am to 5pm, the phone drops to 32% battery to 25%. Which is a HUGE improvement over my Galaxy S5.
-4GLTE (However sometimes it would switch to H or 3G for whatever reason, but it doesn't affect my music streaming or video streaming, even while downloading apps simultaneously.) Update: The signal has stabilized on the second day and my signal has been stable and fast while streaming music and driving all around town.
Cons: - UPDATE (1/12/2017) - I RMAed the phone back to Asus on Dec 15th, 2016, they replaced my screen and sent it back. Frank from Asus contacted me throughout the process and kept me updated, very nice guy. Got my phone back on the 23rd and they even updated the phone for me to the latest firmware, which I could not do previously for whatever reason. The phone simply could not find an update. Anyway, I've had the phone back for about a month an it works great again! Kudos to Asus for the almost painless RMA. I say almost because I had to pay for shipping, which in case of a defective product/RMA, the customer should not have to. Either way, the phone works great again and I'm glad to have it back.
- UPDATE (12/7/2016) - A top portion of the screen seems to have developed a mind of it's own. The screen keeps thinking that it's being touched when it's not. It's VERY annoying. I have tried reboots and even a factory reset, that didn't do anything, which leads me to believe that it is a hardware defect. Pressing hard on the affected area of the top screen seems to have alleviated the problem for a bit but it does come back every so often. It's too late to return to NewEgg, but I'll reach out to Asus and see if they can replace my phone
-Call clarity isn't very good, it sounds very tinny compared to my Galaxy S5 where the calls sounded very clear and robust. The calls are consistent and DON’T drop,. Not sure if it has to do with the APN settings. I have T-Mobile
-No fingerprint reader
-Not waterproof or water resistant.
-Thick back, it makes it difficult or impossible for magnetic cell holders to work properly, and I have to take it out of its case so my grip cell phone holder to properly grasp it, just barely. But it still grabs it at least. If you're going to be using a cell phone holder, I suggest the Zenfone 3 or the Zenhone 2 Laser or other THIN Zenfones.
Other Thoughts: Despite some shortcomings, I absolutely love this phone; and for the price, it can't be beat! It performs like a $700 phone for only $219.99
Update: Been using it for 5 days now, with every day of use I just love it more and more. Again, a very smooth experience, snappy and fast, it performs and feels like premium $700+ dollar phone for a fraction of the price. It's been a pleasure to have.
Thank you for choosing ASUS products. We value your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience. ASUS Customer Loyalty is dedicated to bringing resolution to all issues related to ASUS products. I'm sorry to hear part of the touchscreen is displaying ghost touches. Is there any type of screen protector or cover that can be affecting the touchscreen? To help isolate the symptom described please see the following support page for troubleshooting assistance - http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1006733/.
If you have any questions, concerns, or if this requires warranty assistance please feel free to contact me direct at email@example.com. Please include a link to this review as a reference.
ASUS Customer Loyalty
Pros: -Plenty of power to support a 4.5GHz overclock on a Core i7 3770K, a 780Ti boost clock of 1150MHz, 2 mechanical hard drives, a SSD, 3x 140mm fans, 2x 120mm fans, 1x 200mm fan, and a 25 LED light stick.
-Rock solid reliability! Even after 2 years!
- Silent.....for the most part (See cons)
Cons: The fan has developed a rattle on load while playing games. Not sure if it's the fan or the fan is hitting something at certain speeds. Whatever the case, it seems to rattle on faster speeds. The fan is also loud under load it seems, like a whooshy loud because it's moving air.
Other Thoughts: All in a all, a superb PSU that has seen 2 video card upgrades and has been pushed with overclocks and stress testing without batting an eyelash.
This review is from: LG 34UC79G-B 34" 21:9 UltraWide IPS Curved Gaming Monitor 2560 x 1080 (2K) Resolution, AMD FreeSync, 144Hz Refresh Rate, Dynamic Action Sync & Black Stabilize, DisplayPort/HDMI/USB 3.0
Pros: - Wow, I never thought it could ever be this good. The ultra-wide goodness is PERFECT for immersion in games! Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Forza Horizon 3 natively support the 21:9 aspect ratio, and they look better for it.
- Productivity is also amazing on this monitor, now I have enough space to have 2 or 3 windows open and work on them simultaneously. For editing, it's fantastic since you can see more of the timelines.
- The color reproduction and viewing angles are great! Whites are perfectly white and not a yellowish off-white that TN panels get. As far as blacks go, they don't seem to be too deep, but I'm not a snob about it as it really doesn't matter too much when gaming, unless you're playing a dark game.
- 144hz refresh rate on an IPS panel is what I have been waiting for a long time and it's worth it! Games are just as smooth as my previous Asus VG248QE
- The monitor setting interface controls are REALLY easy to use
Cons: - The 1ms option lowers screen brightness and contrast, so I don't really tend to use it. Also, I've heard the technology increases input lag, but I don't know if it's noticeable.
- Not a con of the actual product but, not all games, videos and movies support the 21:9 aspect ratio.
Other Thoughts: I'm fairly sure that Blu-Ray movies will play in the 21:9 aspect ratio since they are shot like that. However, I haven't run into a Netflix movie/show that supports it.
There are many workarounds for games to support 21:9, with dark souls 3 you need to make a simple hex edit and small adjustment to the graphics config .ini file. There's also the program called Flawless Widescreen that helps older games and recent games run at 21:9
- Update: BIOS are confirmed to work when this is the only display connected to the PC.