Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: New Black DVI-D male to HDMI female adapter 24+1 LCD DVD HDTV
Pros: It does what it says it does.
Cons: NoneREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Extremely good build quality
- It is certainly not overpriced (build quality factors into the price)
- Awesome Screen (1920x1080, vibrant colors, wide horizontal viewing angle.
- Great Keyboard (it's also backlit)
- Touchpad is as good as I've ever seen. I still prefer the touchpads with two separate buttons for l and r click.
- Thin enough. It's about as thin as your average laptop
- Runs almost any game on high 40 - 50 fps
- Speakers are awesome, even without the mini subwoofer.
Cons: - Vertical viewing angle isn't great, but the screen can tilt so. . .
- A bit heavy (as expected due to hardware)
- Bigger-than-average power adapter but not worth docking an egg for
- Battery life is below average (4-4.5 hours light use) Don't even try gaming on battery (1-1.5 hours)
Other Thoughts: I just want to say that this notebook is awesome. I understand that this was originally dubbed a multimedia laptop, and now they call it a gaming laptop, but this is the perfect design for a gaming laptop. It's not obnoxiously large or colorful. Asus, I don't know if this is possible, but if you can put a gtx 780m in here, a second spot for a storage drive, and a blu ray drive, it would be the perfect laptop. Personally, I removed the optical drive and replaced it with an HDD caddy, and bought an SSD, to which I cloned the OS.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Fast processor
- 8 GB of RAM
- Solid Design
- Long Battery life (7+ hours of normal use)
- Surprisingly Loud speakers
- Touch Screen- works very well for a touch screen.
Cons: - Touchpad and keyboard are average, but you can't do much with a laptop this thin anyway
- Screen has small viewing angle
- SSD is not the fastest
- SSD is only 128 GB, which is more like 100 GB after formatting and OS. This is fine for a smaller music library and work/school documents.
Other Thoughts: If you're looking for a workbook, this is a steal at $600. If the price returns to $800, I would expect to see at least a faster, 256 GB SSD. It is highly portable, and the battery life is excellent. 8 GB of RAM is more than enough for this notebook. Although the body is plastic, it feels solid. Also I recommend buying an external HDD, due to the small storage space. I never use the touch screen, but if you are into that, this one works well. The "flex" part is innovative, but not very useful.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.