Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Except under load the fans are silent running. Under load the noise produced by the fans is not very noticeable.
- Good game package and the backplate was free at the time of purchase.
- EVGA quality you can count on.
Cons: - None
Other Thoughts: In upgrading a current build I decided on this card because of the price point to performance, quiet fans that are either not spinning when the card is not under load or very quiet even under load.
My goal was to build a quiet mid range PC for gaming and normal daily activities. I was successful with this as part of the build.
1 x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-3975-KR 4GB SSC GAMING w/ACX 2.0+, Whisper Silent Cooling Graphics Card
1 x COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan with Pulse Width Modulation
2 x COUGAR CF-V12HB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 12CM Silent Cooling Fan (Black)
3 x COUGAR CF-V14HB Vortex Hydro-Dynamic-Bearing (Fluid) 300,000 Hours 14CM Silent Cooling Fan (Black)
1 x Fractal Design Define R5 FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK Black Computer Case
1 x CORSAIR RM Series RM650 650W ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Pros: - Highly customizable weight system. Weight puller is included.
- Removable bottom plates, ceramic and Teflon to choose from.
- Just the right amount of resistance for the main mouse buttons and scroll wheel.
- Highly customizable from the LED color, scroll wheel, to macro settings.
- Documentation is easy to find and follow if needed.
- Very comfortable even after hours of use at a time. The rubber on the side of the mouse has raised ridges for grip and aid in air flow.
- Great packaging and extra Teflon pads were included.
- Can store various DPI settings, and the selector is easy to find on the fly by touch as it's right below the scroll wheel.
Cons: - Honestly, I haven't found a con so far with this mouse. No complaints from me.
Other Thoughts: - The removable bottom plates is a great idea and pairs perfectly with the Krypton mouse pad. I run the slick side of the pad along with the ceramic mouse plate and that makes it a very fast mouse.
- My last mouse was a Logitech G5 that also included a weight system. This mouse is so much better in all aspects. The weight system for the G5 is housed behind the palm area. The Krypton has options to add weights all along the bottom area of the mouse after removing the bottom plate.
- The offerings from Logitech are lacking and very expensive. This mouse included the mouse pad and was one of the best purchases I've made by far.
This review is from: GIGABYTE GP-KRYPTON MAT Two-sided Gaming Mouse Pad
Pros: - When paired with the Gigabyte Aivia Krypton mouse it's easy to fine tune your needs. If you want a slick surface or fabric this can be tuned to the mouse as it has a removable bottom plate. One plate has ceramic pads, the other Teflon.
Cons: - Very large mouse pad, so be aware if you have a keyboard tray.
- The rubber surrounding the pad attracts dust.
Other Thoughts: - Regarding wishing it had a wrist support, I had to turn this pad 90 degrees due to it not fitting on my keyboard tray. This allows me to rest my wrist on the rubber pad. It's not a true support, but works and is comfortable.READ FULL REVIEW