Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Everki Black 18.4" Titan Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Backpack Model EKP120
Pros: This is a very high quality bag that can take years of use and still look, and function like new. I am a traveler and I don't think I will ever travel without a Everki bag again!
Other Thoughts: Very good bag indeed.. worth the value.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: I am a perfectionist and after owning this product for a few months I decided to write a review. Alot of this review likely applies to similar MSI models. (Although this product is discontinued, hopefully my voice is still heard)
- Good touchpad, no problems for me.
- Backlit keys with ware-resistant coating.
- Good screen viewing angles.
- Easy access to turbo, fan, and lights.
- Good sound system.
Cons: Being as im a picky guy and I expect the best out of everything, ill just toss down some true cons from this point of view.
- (#1 Con) The inner plastic that hugs the keyboard is not scratch resistant and is also heat sensitive. I am not sure why this material was used at all, within a few weeks, or months.. it will contain a million scratches, there's nothing you can do about it, its inevitable.
- (#2 Con) You know how when you touch or hold something, you can tell its built tough.. Well this laptop is more on the weak end. The screen, frames, and resting areas can bend. Its not solid like a rock, particularly the screen frame.
- Bevels.. Anywhere you have a bevel on a surface it is prone to collecting dust and grime. Where you can eliminate a bevel, you increase the quality of the product. Most crucial points are speakers, screen, and touchpad locations.
- The toggle wifi is a sensitive touch button and should be changed to a side-switch instead. Accidentally touching this button is a probability.
- No light or indicator to determine when your cam is on or off.
- Only 1 SD slot... SD slots are often used as external drives so, the ability to have a couple is very handy.
- Laptop frame size is 1 inch larger than necessary. There is too much dead space around the laptop components. particularly around the screen.. Which can also be made balanced with the keyboard format.
Other Thoughts: Well, if you had a picky tech consumer like me on your team, you would certainly build better quality products. The computer overall is fine, but it lacks in the reliability zone. I would recommend hiring a picky consumer to give you feedback on how to make appealing cosmetic and structurally sound product. Because that's pretty much all this needs... Some things just shouldn't have been overlooked, such as the scratch prone plastic frame and excessive use of sharp bevels.
Believe me when I say this, the cons are the difference between making millions or billions. Something to look into..
Display Name: Jason P.
Date Joined: 03/22/06
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.