Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: This laptop is a beast. Going down the list:
- With two SSDs in RAID 0, it of course boots fast
- I love that there's a spare mSATA slot for yet another drive
- Doesn't come with too much junk software by default
- Speakers are pretty nice for a laptop. I have no problem hearing at LAN parties that are moderately noisy.
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning and upgrades
- Ports are nicely laid out
- Incredibly thin for what it has in it
- Keyboard backlighting is nice and bright if you have all three zones turned on
- It'll handle multiple VMs and games at the same time
- On my unit, light bleed on the screen is present, but minimal. I'm not insanely picky (though maybe I should be for $2k) so it doesn't really bother me. Otherwise the screen is easy on the eyes.
- People complain about battery life, but what do you expect for this class of hardware? It's what I expected.
- If the touchpad makes you unhappy, open the Elantech tool and fix it. I was able to make it work exactly how I wanted. I think it's great.
- The travel of the keys on the keyboard is fine for me. I can type like a madman without issue.
- It'll handle darn near anything you throw at while it looks nice on your desk doing so.
Cons: - I'm not the biggest fan of the matte finish of the keyboard. It's a little too matte for my taste.
- Ugh, the Windows key being only on the right hand side of the keyboard is insanely annoying.
- It does have a tiny amount of light bleed around the edges of the screen.
- While thin, it is very wide and deep. I need a new backpack.
- The screen resolution should be a hell of a lot higher than HD for it's size.
- At full tilt, the fans are pretty noisy, like they're trying to change the jet stream or conjure a tornado. As in everything in life, there are tradeoffs and this is one that has to be made to get that svelte look. The speakers can overpower them but I think a gaming headset is an excellent accessory.
- I really wish it had four RAM slots instead of only two. With several VMs, 16GB gets cramped.
Other Thoughts: TL;DR: I'd buy this laptop again.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: StarTech MDP2VGAW Mini DisplayPort to VGA Video Adapter Converter - White
Pros: Works great. Has a quality feel. DisplayPort connection is nice and solid.
Cons: It wasn't free?READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: It works. I can't speak to any overclocking potential because I got it for my wife's machine who doesn't care about such things.
Cons: NoneREAD FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.