Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: The unit physically looks nice IMO. Many might criticize the design, but I think that people are expected your standard ugly set-top box type of thing. It's also smaller, lighter, and runs cooler than the previous versions.
Setting the unit up is also easier than all other models, thanks to the on-screen display.
Video quality is excellent. While HDMI won't work for most people (due to HDCP reasons, as Sling has documented everywhere), component is just as good, especially for cable or satellite TV. The higher quality your TV provider is, the better your Slingbox streaming will be. It also supports 1080p60 video, which nothing else seems to do.
Cons: The only con that I can think of is, of course, the HDCP issue. This isn't really Sling's fault, so I'm not taking an egg away because of that, but it's still slightly disappointing.
Other Thoughts: Many of the issues that people are leaving aren't due to their Slingbox, but their particular setup.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: ASUS TF300T-DOCK-BL Tablet Docking Station
Pros: • Gives a laptop-like experience for a tablet.
Cons: • Only 1 USB 2.0 port is disappointing. 2 would be optimal for most users, which was the case with the original Transformer.
• The hinge has some raised sections that are made out of plastic to keep it lifted up when on a table. Because they aren't rubber, everything is easily able to move around.
• Trackpad is a tad bit too small to be really useful. The click button feels cheap.
• The keys aren't raised as much as they could be. Makes typing a chore for extremely fast typists.
Other Thoughts: • While it'd be dumb to get a Transformer without the keyboard dock, ASUS could've done a much better job with this product.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: • The camera is nice for being from a tablet.
• The design is great; the blue back looks very nice when in a lot of light.
• The overall stability of apps is quite questionable. Apps tend to be slow, even in performance mode. Games aren't all of what they seem to be online.
• Build quality leaves a lot to be desired. The lower-left corner was moving back and forth a bit, which makes everything feel cheap and very fragile. The overall longevity of the tablet seems quite unknown.
Other Thoughts: • If you're absolutely anti-iPad, I'd still stay away from this particular tablet, unless you want to deal with problematic software problems. It really makes the tablet experience a frustrating one.
• Even when paired with the keyboard dock, don't expect this to replace your laptop. The software just doesn't allow for that.
• iPad/iOS is leading this market for a reason, and I strongly feel as though that, in terms of tablets, that's really the right direction.