Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Panasonic 5.1 Home Theater System with 3D Blu-ray Player, SC-BTT196
Pros: - Good sound output, good baas. I had even used it in 1000 Sq feet partyhall and it filled the haal without turning to full volume.
- Nice look, specially tower speakers give a rich look.
- you can play contineously in playlists for youtube
- Iphone controller app is pretty nice. I find that much easier to use then the remote control itself.
Cons: - You can't browse or do other things while one media is playing. If you are playing music and you go back to the list to select other song, first song will stop.
- Ipod-iphone playback : The iPod/iphone connection will just let you play your content in Itune libraries. If you play youtube video on iphone (it is easier to browse and select there) and want to view/hear on system, that does not happen. For that I guess I need a iphone-hdmi converter cable or something like that.
- Build-in display is very lame. You will have to have a TV to operate the system easily. For example, If you don't connect it to TV and you are playing an Audio CD , you will have to change song one by one.
- Youtube Selection doesn't remember anything. You'll have to type all search, everything from the start.
Other Thoughts: This is my first home theater and I am not a super audio video enthugiast.
These are few pros and cons I found after using it for a week.
Overall I am happy with the system as I could buy fully functional home theater in the price of sound bar+subwoofer in nearby store. Only thing I am missing is the wireless rear speakers as now there are wires running through my drying room walls and also I could not place speaker far.