Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Silent ATX Midtower Computer Case
Pros: - The rolled edges are easy on the forearms.
- Easy-to-get-to filters. Front filter is thumb-tabbed in, and a filter on the bottom just slides right out. It's a HUGE pain to clean my Antec 1200 filters (so many screws!) This one is great for that.
- Clear attention to detail in all the little ways
- Metal, not much plastic.
- Optional speed controls for fans (voltage switch on front, behind door).
- SSD hide-away behind mobo if that's something you're in to. For me, I think it's kind of silly (since it has room for EIGHT drives as it is), but I guess it's thoughtful for some people.
- Plenty of space to hide cables.
- Plenty of room for my SAPPHIRE 100355L Radeon 7850 card.
- Fans are quiet, and sound suppression really works. I don't have any heavy duty CPU fans, nor any additional fans than it came with, but even with the front panel fan voltage on its highest setting, you can only just barely hear it. We're talking "wouldn't mind if it were on in my bedroom"-silent. A huge selling point for those keeping the computer on your desk.
Cons: - Not even really a con, but sometimes you can press on the grill of the top vent, and the thin metal will 'pop' in or out, like the seal-indicator on a jelly jar. It's very slight, but I noticed it. I prefer the Antec style of raised metal in their grills. Just a preference.
- Again, not really a con, but I would have liked if the fan blades matched the case color. You can see the fan blades through the back grill, and if the case remains open. I like Antec's black fans that match their cases.
Other Thoughts: Would totally recommend to a friend. For <$100, I'm not sure how this could be better.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: No problems.
Cons: None.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1 week in, works just fine. Exactly what I was looking for. Blue matches my ASUS board.
Cons: NoneREAD FULL REVIEW