Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Non-conductive, so no worries if a little bit gets out of place.
- Can't get either of my laptops above 65*C with stress testing etc., before they would easily hit 80*C while just gaming. Temps would probably be lower if the fans kicked in sooner.
- Easy to apply, easier than I thought actually. None of the APUs or GPUs had an IHS, so it was just putting a little bit on the die and then spreading out evenly with a credit card.
- Doesn't seem to require any "break-in" from what I can tell.
- Got it on sale!
Cons: - I'm not a fan of the packaging, and the syringe seemed like it should've been a little more solid-feeling than it was.
Other Thoughts: Like life, it's carbon-based, and this stuff can really breathe new life into your systems. From what I've read, it's one of the top thermal compounds out there that isn't super-super-expensive and obscure. I personally haven't tested it versus another compound besides the laptop's' junk OEM goop, but extensive tests show this to be great for all needs.
I had always been thinking of getting some decent thermal compound, and the sale on this and some recent reading up about it made me finally pull the trigger. I'm absolutely glad I did, and you should too.
To be honest, I had always been skeptical of Arctic Cooling products as it seemed to just be some random brand trying to sound like a well-known competitor, but as I found with TP-Link for my router, it turned out they make better products than whatever competitor either has with a similar name, and they really deserve a more unique name if you get what I'm saying. Will definitely be buying more of Arctic Cooling's products in the future.
Pros: - Has been through heck and back and came out fine. The first laptop I had it in (ASUS K55N) somehow shorted out or something, and as far as I could tell this was the only piece of hardware that survived.
- Lifetime warranty, so even if it did get wrecked in that laptop it probably would have been replaced.
- Now is in an HP m6-1205dx which has an AMD A10-4600M APU instead of the A8-4500M in the ASUS K55N, so the RAM is getting even more of a workout in graphic intensive games and is actually heating up quite a bit but seems to be handling it just fine.
- Great brand with great support, can't go wrong with a G.SKILL product.
Cons: - CAS Latency of 11 instead of 9, however that's what came in the laptops so I just got a CAS 11 stick to match up since I didn't really have the cash to drop on 2 sticks of CAS 9 instead. Not G.SKILL's fault though!
Other Thoughts: Considering all that I've put this RAM through in the past year, I'm really understanding why G.SKILL backs their RAM with a lifetime warranty; it's not cheap to back up a product like that, especially ALL of your products (RAM-wise anyway), but their RAM is built-to-last. I refuse to buy any brand of RAM that isn't G.SKILL.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Mushkin Enhanced Ventura Pro 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model MKNUFDVP32GB
Pros: - Still extremely fast, I thought it'd slow down once at half full capacity like other SSD-like devices seem to do but I haven't run into that at all; still getting faster than advertising speeds.
- Firmware can be updated, but I don't think they've had to release an update as it was rock-solid right from the start.
- Well-built, could probably stand up to just about anything, be it dropping it on concrete and stomping on it, dropping it in a cup of water (with the cap on of course), running over it with a car (maybe I'm exaggerating a little here, but I honestly wouldn't doubt if a car backing over it slowly wouldn't hurt it).
- Wear-leveling keeps speeds fast even after plenty of use, definitely works as it's still just as fast as when I got it and I use this a lot.
- Great brand, great support.
Cons: - Can heat up after a bit of intensive use, but the case is metal and probably acts as a heatsink which is actually better than if it didn't heat up.
Other Thoughts: I seem to have picked a real winner with this flash drive. If something were to happen to it, I would be buying another Mushkin for sure, and I've even recommended to some friends to buy Mushkin flash memory.
Product appears to be discontinued, but maybe something new is out to take its place now.
Display Name: Anonymous
Date Joined: 01/03/12
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.