Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Everything you really expect and some I didn't
- About 15% performance boost on 660 TI at lower cost
- Smaller form factor that allows it to be put in smaller cases
- Runs cooler then my gtx 560 while almost doubling the frames
- Was able to immediately overclock it for free additional performance
- Clocking tools included work as noted
- Only requires one 8 pin power connector/ comes with a 2 6 pin to 1 8 pin adaptor if needed
- This model unlocks shadow play which is what I was after
- Has a power indicator light that indicates that it has the needed power from the 8 pin
Cons: Its hard to nitpick such a nice card but here is my best shot
- Looks almost seem lacking once installed due to size (if you have a larger case)
- It does require an 8 pin connector instead of 6 pins (not a real issue for me)
- Has a lower CUDA core count which does show in some games.
- I received an assassins creed voucher with mine which has to be redeemed through UPLAY.
- Doesn't make me a sandwich?
Other Thoughts: This card works as expected, giving the 670 a run for its money and even beating it in some games while coming out cheaper then the 660 ti.
If you are truly interested these cards can be placed in SLI and will beat a Titan on most games. (to be clear 2X760 > titan)
The main reason I went with ASUS is their legendary support. I once called them at 10 PM cst about my motherboard. I not only received an advanced RMA, I was able to talk to someone in the US about it.
Pros: - Great card that runs cool
- Will run anything on the market (at max settings with sli)
- Can easily achieve a 50%+ overclock with out having to adjust voltages
- Sip power
- Even with SLI they run cool
Cons: - Need 2 6 pin connectors to run SLI
- REGISTER RIGHT WHEN YOU GET THEM (see details below)
- I did have one card die within a few months of owning it while i have another one that is coming up on a year old with no issues
- These cards DO NOT support tri-sli (yes this was a problem point for me)
Other Thoughts: -- I waited to register my second card until it was to late. Of course it died and i called for a replacement. I might as well have gotten the Ban hammer as EVGA told me that there is nothing that they can do and were unable to work with me. Overall it is my fault but it was enough for me to consider working with another company in the future. Until then the card is already trashed :(
-- These cards were able to push battlefield bad company 2 at maxed settings at 70+ frames per second on a 21 inch screen. They did struggle pushing battlefield 3 on the same screen maxed out. i averaged 60+ but would have problems when things got busy (sometimes dipping into the 40s)
This review is from: Razer Chimaera Gaming Headset
Pros: - I have a hard time saying anything good about these but i guess i will give it a go. While working they do provide a decent sounding experience
- I was able to operate these headphones from 30+ feet away during my testing
- The Mic does mute itself (and you might want to leave it muted since there is no noise reduction technology here)
- The setup is extremely easy and can be done in a matter of minutes (plug and play for the most part)
- I really like the stand design and how the headset sits on the charging stand
- I used these headphones while playing Battlefield Bad company 2, Starcraft 2, Left 4 dead 2, and Prototype. They Performed flawlessly as long as i kept my volume loud enough to ignore the buzz o doom(see below)
Cons: - I bought this headset a short time ago and immediately realized a high pitched buzzing noise coming from the stand. I RMAed the product and received back a new one that did the same thing. As long as the stand is plugged in it will make this annoying high pitched tone. This is my first attempt at a RAZOR product and will also be my last.
-RAZOR has NO support and informed me that they do not replace or otherwise accept the warranty status of products that are sold by other vendor such as newegg. -To make things better i bought these while they were on sale so newegg wont give me a refund, i can only continue to return them for another faulty set. With that said i do have a huge issue calling it a (bad set) since i did get two in a row.
Other Thoughts: Please please PLEASE dont buy these from newegg. They dont have a return policy on this product that would allow you to get your money back if you are in a unforgiving loop of horror like i am. Hopefully either newegg will wise up to this horrible product (or batch of this product) and remove them from the store!READ FULL REVIEW