Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: (See previous review)
Cons: (See previous review)
Other Thoughts: I was eventually able to improve the video quality on this adapter by lowering the resolution to 1280x720. At this resolution, videos played properly.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Nice little adapter, easy to install, easy to use, haven't had any difficulties.
Cons: I had originally planned to use this for a third monitor to watch the news, Netflix, etc. There is only 32 MB of memory on this, so while it does work, the video is pretty choppy.
Other Thoughts: Not bad for the price, definitely a great adapter for anything but planing video.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Ergotron 45-241-026 LX Desk Mount LCD Arm
Pros: - Solid *metal*
- Very smooth action.
- Heavy duty.
- Incredibly easy to set up.
- Easy to adjust tension. (I actually had to loosen the tension significantly--most mount reviews comment on how it seems impossible to tighten them enough. Not so with this unit.
- Includes *both* clamp and grommet mounting options.
- One of the arms is removable, providing flexibility in tight spaces. (I am using two monitors, one with both arms, the other with only one.)
- Includes basic cable management.
- Choose between thumb screws and traditional screws when securing monitor to mount.
Cons: These are *minor* but worth stating.
- I would have preferred all black istead of chrome (it just "hides" better).
- Price was kind of high at $140, but you get what you pay for. These are NOT cheapy junk mounts.
Other Thoughts: You will not be disappointed by this mount!
I have an "L" shaped desk with the monitors in the corner on a raised shelf. Although I'm using 20" monitors, it's getting to the point where it was hard to sit back in my chair with the keyboard drawer fully out and be able to read the monitors (in totall, about 2.5' away) without having to lean forward. I wanted to be able to pull them right out over my keyboard in front of me when doing some major coding work without having to squint. (It's also handy when my three-year-old wants to watch a movie while hanging out with me in the office. I can swing one monitor out for her to watch and keep the other in front of me!)