Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: TRENDnet TEW-654TR N300 Wireless Travel Router Kit IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Pros: 1. Small and portable.
2. Has USB power supply. Needs 2 ports though.
3. Includes CAT5e cable.
4. Has power supply included - made for US mostly.
Cons: I bought 2. Set both of them up. Updated the firmware from TrendNet. Went smoothly. I was planning on using this as AP to extend the range.
1. Every setting change requires a auto-reboot.
2. Can't seem to access the router using Chrome. IE works.
3. During setup, I had to log on to my main router, look at the client list, find the TrendNet IP number and log on through there. The default 192.168.10.1 access doesn't work. It took several attempts and changing different log on IP location to get it right.
4. Range is VERY limited. 10 ft away with no obstruction, you will lose 2-3 bars. Going up outside, even with windows, at 10 ft, you may get 1 bar. Going upstairs, 10 ft away, you will get a poor signal. If you are directly over it, signal will improve to 3-4 bars. At 15-20 feet, forget it. You'll lose connection. I tested with both units. In a small motel room, you will be ok. In a small apt, as long as you are within 10-15ft, you will probably be ok. (The main home router -ASUS- signal is still 5 bars in these circumstance.
4. It does get very warm. Vents are on the bottom. May need to turn it on the side or invert it for better heat dissipation.
Other Thoughts: Works ok. May be useful in a pinch. The range is very limited though. Consider your application or it very carefully.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Cheap. Works well for my Dell E520.
Cons: None so farREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: Easy to place into system
Cons: cant get system to recognize
Other Thoughts: Any help would be appreciated.
I installed this SATA drive inot Dell E520. Device manager sees the drive. Can't seem to get system to use the drive..
Display Name: QUANG L.
Date Joined: 02/10/04
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.