Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Toshiba 40" Class (39.69" Diag.) 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV 40L5200U
Pros: - Price
- Good picture quality after being adjusted
- Light weight
Cons: - Very High video Latency for a non-smart TV ~120ms
- This TV does not have a 120hz refresh rate as Newegg Classifies it.
- The "Clear Frame" technology that supposedly makes this equivalent to a 120hz display is better off disabled
- Very poorly defined defaults
- The area around the HDMI inputs is poorly designed, it has a lip above it that will prevent HDMI Cables with all but the smallest connector grips from being seated securely
Other Thoughts: Fast shipping as always, no dead pixelsREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Sony 46" 1080p 60Hz LED-LCD Internet HDTV NSX-46GT1
Pros: - Very capable browser, will make your android phone look like a dinosaur
- Interface is easily controlled with the dpad.
- Nice and low black levels, cant even tell it's on when the screen is black other than the power indicator.
Cons: - Lack of analog inputs. The details page says it has 1 component input, and 1 composite AV input, but they are actually shared. It's one or the other.
Other Thoughts: - I didn't notice any display latency with the device.
- Google should be releasing the honeycomb update for this in the next few weeks, which should significantly increase it's functionality.
- Found the default settings for the touchpad to be unresponsive, after increasing the sensitivity in the settings it became more useful.
- Only noticed performance issues when using the browser to stream HD video in fullscreen, but this didn't affect the video, only the interface's responsiveness.
- Had a hard time getting it to work with my AV receiver, as it has no visible IR sensor, positioning the IR blaster to work with it was rather fiddley as a result, eventually discovered that the sensor was inside the volume control knob (odd)
Pros: 2 cards in SLI, and still have room for a TV tuner card, and a Raid card, what more would you want?
Other Thoughts: Not all the front panel inputs on the case I have work with this board.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.