Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ARK IPC-3U380D Black 3U Rackmount Server Case 3 External 5.25" Drive Bays
Pros: - Great for a NAS.
- Everything fits correctly
- Comes with the necessary hardware.
Cons: - None
Other Thoughts: I wish to have a second 3 bay 5.25" on the right side to insert more swapable stuff.
I recommend this case if you are looking for a relative good and cheap case for you server.
This review is from: iStarUSA BPN-DE350SS-BLUE 3x5.25" to 5x3.5" SAS/SATA 6.0 Gb/s Trayless Hot-Swap Cage
Pros: I got this one for my 5 disk 3U NAS server.
- Converts 3 5.25" bays into 5 3.5" hot swap disk bay.
- Metal build, no cheap plastic here.
- Really good looking and well finished (you can choose the color you like).
- Disk fits perfectly with a click.
- Key protected.
- Fan cooled with fan controller.
- Activity and inserted indicating led with control switch.
- Fits perfectly
Cons: None, this product is a state of art one!
Other Thoughts: I really recommend this bay, I may be upgrade my NAS to 10 disks due to this miracle!READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: iStarUSA WM1260B 12U 600mm Depth Wallmount Server Cabinet
Pros: I got this Case as a replacement for my old noisy 10U Rack, It feels spacious and good build up.
I will wish to have extra fan holes on the floor for extra air intake, but is fine.
- Good Price.
- Acceptable finish.
- Lot of space for small server applications.
- Easy access from sides.
- Rack columns are ajustable.
- Wall mount easy.
- Feels strong.
- Two insertion rails.
- Fits small to medium size cases.
- square holes on racking columns.
- brings some screw and extra hardware.
Cons: Be careful with deep cases close to the limit they maybe fit but without any plugged wire on the back, and removing the handlers on the front.
- I think that extra holes for fans in the floor like the ones in the top will be a plus.
- The insertion rails only fit one size but adding a re-sizable one may increase the price.
- No grommets, if you need to insert wires from outside through any of the holes you will need to get something to avoid wire damage.
Other Thoughts: I really recommend this rack if you need a small (12U or less) rack
If you have a lot of stuff to rack, you will need to get extra hardware, the bag that comes with the product provides only few screws, but is not a contra.
You will need fans if you have lot of heat generating elements but careful there is only two designated holes for 120 mm fans.