Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Rosewill RNX-AC1200UB, Dual Band Wireless AC1200 Wi-Fi Adapter, IEEE 802.11AC IEEE802.11a/b/g/n, Up to 867 Mbps (5.0 GHz) + 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) Wireless Data Rates, USB3.0 Interface
Pros: Price was acceptable; claims dual AC
Cons: - Physically large unit
- Could not get it to be recognized by a ZBox unit. Other USB wireless fobs worked but not this one
- Drops in and out of connectivity without any pattern
Other Thoughts: - Would not recommend to others
- Was using an Rosewill I purchased ~6 months ago on another system (that Rosewill has already stopped supporting). Since this unit wouldn't work on the ZBox I moved it to my work PC and it was recognized (since a Rosewill was already working on it). I then took the first Rosewell AC1200 and plugged it into the ZBox and it worked.
- Must be an issue with different chipsets in different Rosewill AC1200 usb wireless units. They should be consistent. The user should not have to fight through compatability issues.
- Bottomline? Look elsewhere. I won't be buying Rosewill USB wireless units in the future.
- Using Windows 10
Cons: Cheap. Don;t expect much.
Other Thoughts: The card died and I contacted PC about an RMA and they denied it saying the card was past the warranty period. Today I've exchanged 6 emails with them showing the purchase dates (I've bought 2 in the past). The last one I emailed a copy/paste of the invoice and they responded and said they wanted the actual invoice so I printed, scanned and sent as a PDF.
For those who've dealt with PC tech I have to agree that they are a royal pain in the petute and make it hard to purchase from them. Personally I'm offended that they seem to think I'm lying.
Pros: Good price. Boots reasonably fast.
Cons: At 250gb the hdd is simply too small - uses 2.5" and NO room for 2nd drive
Built-in video is minimal - no room for add-on card
Drivers out of date (ran Slimware Drivers Free to update)
Other Thoughts: Arrived in a box that was partially open. Poor packaging. Unit itself is clearly "worn" on the exterior. Win 7 Pro but needed nearly 250 updates.READ FULL REVIEW