Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Well, this router worked well for the time it worked. One day out of the blue it decided it was not going to work with my cable modem anymore and would not pull down my public IP or recognize it was connected to the internet.
I was using the latest F/W.
I tried resetting it via the hard switch using the 30/30/30 method to be sure I was wiping it back to factory defaults. No dice...the issue still persisted. I tried having my ISP reset my cable modem and went through trouble shooting with them for a couple of hours in addition to the trouble shooting I did on my own.
It became obvious that any device hooked directly to my cable modem worked great but anything plugged into the router would have a good network connection but no connection to the internet.
I was finally forced for purchase another brand which worked immediately.
Cons: Price you pay seems to be high for a router that you not expect to fail in five months. $160 wasted. I was way outside the Newegg return window and a RMA through ASUS to only get a refurbished unit in return and play that particular game was not appealing.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SAMSUNG USB 2.0 (3.0 Compatible) External DVD Writer Model SE-208GB/RSBD
Pros: I needed a external USB DVD burner to primarily be used as backup and to load Operating Systems, etc. This one fit the bill very well.
1. Sturdy and quality construction
2. Vibration is no more or less than one would expect from any notebook sized DVD burner in an external enclosure
3. The cord is nice and usable--I have used other external burners where the cord is so short you could not even put the drive down on the table after plugging it in. This drive adds a couple three more inches that make using it not a hassle!
Cons: None at this point.
Other Thoughts: Remember, this is a notebook DVD burner inside an enclosure. You will get the same read and write speeds as you would expect from a notebook...as in nothing fancy or fast. This device should be bought for portability and backup use in case a primary device fails.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I210
Pros: This is definitely the perfect adapter for those looking for:
1. Rock solid reliability
2. Advanced server features such as the ability to team
3. Low system resource use
I have this adapter installed into a small specific use server, that controls a Ubiquiti WiFi network and PoE camera system (the server is the Zone Controller and runs the AirOS software). The Intel adapter is capable of handling the incoming and outgoing traffic without skipping a beat and putting a minimal burden on the host CPU which was the idea.
1. Comes with full sized PCI and low height brackets and the brackets are perforated for ventilation
2. Works in any PCI-E slot size
3. Driver set is easy to use and configure--many detailed explanations of the settings are found inside the driver set itself as well as a full blown manual that may also be downloaded
Cons: Only one I can think of, and that is the price. However, that said, you do get what you pay for.
Other Thoughts: Using in a AMD Athlon 5350 Kabini APU / MSI AM1I mini-ITX motherboard small form factor server with Windows 8.1 64 bit.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.