Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: I previously wrote a review that ended up my customer's name of "Mukesh P". Eeek.
Anyway, I have two items to add to my previous 5-Egg review:
1. This controller in Windows 8.1 x64 is considerably faster than Intel RST firmware RAID. I used ATTO to confirm this because I was curious. Not only was the Marvell controller far more consistent, it benched about 80 MB/s faster on nearly every file size. This was tested with a 64KB stripe. I tried just about every other stripe size that Intel RST offered and the performance was either the same or worse. So, that question is answered...basically even a "kind-of" device like this one (hardware RAID because it has a CPU, but no actual cache) is still the better way to go vs. firmware RAID.
2. This quote is directly from SiiG support:
Engineering tells us that Windows 10 comes with embedded drivers to support the controller.
The Marvell monitoring software, available on SIIG download, must be installed however.
So, another question answered. Yes, this device works with Windows 10 right out of the box.
Other Thoughts: Not now...READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. The stated wattage is real...no fluffing of numbers
2. High quality, as one would expect from Seasonic
3. Adequate number of connectors to a 300W PSU
4. Fan is pretty silent
5. About $30 for a Seasonic?1? Wow, if this PSU fits your needs wattage-wise you would be nuts not to buy it.
6. 80 Plus Bronze and supports the C6/C7 states for Haswell.
7. Active PFC
8. Physical on/off switch
Other Thoughts: Remember, this is a OEM unit meant to be sold to system integrators and therefore will not come with screws or a AC power cable. No, it will not have a flashy paint job or sleeves on the cables. The cable lengths will also be shorter than to what you are accustomed to...the reason being that most integrators are using Micro-ATX mini towers.
OEM's want reliable power with minimal excess costs and that is what you get here.
This review is from: Sight Holder Diamonds 2.50CTW Created Tanzanite Sterling Silver Earrings Set
Pros: I realize these are created Tanzanite, but I don't care. The stones are a nice shade of blue, and have the signature Tanzanite look. In fact, I would say they are better looking than the lower-end true Tanzanite you can buy for around the same price.
Solid sterling silver settings and nice backers (backers are tiny...don't drop one if you ever hope to find it).
Other Thoughts: I wear them every day. I get complimented often on them.READ FULL REVIEW