Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Price - Very competitive pricing!. With recent price reductions and sales, an 8" tablet with these specs for sub $250 is a steal!
Screen - I've noticed many complaints about the screen in other reviews. It's a very crisp HD+ 1920x1200 screen that has proven to be very easy on the eyes for me. I'm particularly sensitive to reading text for long periods from LCDs and have no issue with this unit. Others complained about brightness, this is a S/N 311 batch and either the issues have been addressed, or I simply dont notice it. Comparing this tablet to my Galaxy S4 phone, my Samsung 24" LED monitor, and my MSI gaming laptop, it compares reasonably. Whites tend to look slightly gray/yellow.. and the auto-brightness feature using the light sensor is not perfect, but setting the brightness at a fixed 48% worked perfect for me in basic home lighting for office use. For watching movies I bumped it to 58-60% brightness.
Software - The LG android skin is simply amazing! For those who do not appreciate extra features and software, buy the Google Play edition, which comes with standard android. the LG android skin has some amazing features such as double tap screen to wake, and the ability to triple finger drag apps off to the side to come back to later (multi-tasking). This is great for running multiple apps at once and going back and forth for information. The LG android skin is very fast and responsive without a single studder to this point. Among the other software included is the LG backup tool, update center, and smartworld. Smartworld is another alternative to finding solid android apps and I've found a few apps there that arent on Google Play Store. Additionally, the LG android skin has a very slick configuration and settings menu. It's more elegant and fully featured than the stock android skin.
Performance - With the snapdragon 600 system on chip core, it's performance is very similar to other tablets and phones that use this snapdragon series. It comes in ahead of the google nexus 7 (snapdragon S4 pro 1.5ghz) but behind my galaxy S4 (snapdragon 600 1.9ghz) as expected in linpack benchmarks and gpubench. In real world performance, the LG G pad feels very similar to, but slightly more responsive than my Galaxy S4. Both are extremely fast, but I think the LG android skin is a bit faster. I ran gpubench simultaneously with stabilitytest and a netflix full HD video and the video did not hesitate noticeably. The screen did not dim as others stated because of power/throttling and the battery temp stayed below 35C. CPU temp was not available but the unit was not noticeably warm at all.
Construction - The unit feels solid and does not flex at all. It has a brushed metal backing plate, and the frame locking screen glass in place is solid as well.
Wifi performance was very good. Signal strength and range had no issues, and downloads from fast sites were hitting my max internet speed (24mbps) regularly.
Cons: The metal backing plate is quite cool to the touch until the unit has been operating a bit. This may bother some people if they prefer the rubberized or plastic feel of other units that do not feel cold to the touch. If the unit is used in a case, clearly this wouldnt be an issue.
The speaker ports are on the back of the unit. The volume is reasonable, but the quality is average at best. For basic usage it seems suitable, for hi-fidelity music or audio you'll need to get a nice set of earbuds.
Other Thoughts: Overall this unit is amazing for the price and worth every penny!READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1) Ease of use - Simple operation, 3 buttons for cup size (6oz/8oz/10oz), a loading lever and a power button.
2) low power - Seems very well insulated so heating water is quick and it stays hot in the coffee maker for quite some time. The unit will go auto-power off at 2hrs.
3) carbon water filter - Does not remove trace minerals but does a decent job at filtering. I have a pitcher I use for water with a better filter in it, and generally pour water into the coffee maker from this pitcher. No water sediment/residue is evident doing this over the first 3-4 months of use.
Cons: 1) Price - If you can catch it on sale (was $89.99 when we purchased) the price seems tolerable. Retail price seems obnoxious to me.
2) Construction - The unit doesn't show any sign of wear in the first couple of months, but it's construction quality seems pretty typical of a plastic appliance. The water tank slides in and out on a plastic track with hook-clips that certainly could wear with time.
Other Thoughts: For near instant hot water, coffee or tea, this is an excellent product. From power on to a cup of coffee is is certainly much less than 1 minute. The price is a bit high, and it is a pretty typical plastic appliance in terms of construction quality, but all is well so far after 3-4 months of consistent use for us.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Razer Naga Molten MMO PC Gaming Mouse
Pros: 1) design layout - the ergonomics and button positioning of this mouse have become industry standard for gamers with many other brands imitating now
2) overall features - has most if not all of the features you'd expect in a mid-high end gaming mouse
Cons: 1) materials - The materials that the left side thumb buttons and the mouse side skin are made of seem to collect excessive amounts of skin oil and debris and require almost daily cleaning. I have not experienced this before with other products
2) software - The razer synapse configurator software and razer drivers have caused intermittent problems with my PC, requiring complete removal and re-installation at times. symptoms are: mouse not detected when plugged in, or mouse detected but will not move. Other mice work fine with the system. Seems to be USB related
3) does not work well with all mouse pads - The laser used in this device and tracking system seem to be very sensitive to the type of mousepad used. You are best to go with a razer mouse pad here. I have a rocketfish metal mouse pad with at tactile surface and the mouse does not track correctly 100% of the time. standard fabric mouse pads do not have tracking issues but respond much slower.
Other Thoughts: With the correct mouse pad (I'd recommend a razer one) and with some luck on the drivers, when the mouse works correctly, it's a dream to use. Be prepared to clean the mouse almost daily to remove grime as the materials used seem to attract skin oil and debris.READ FULL REVIEW