Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: EZVIZ Mini HD 720p WiFi Home Security Camera with Motion Detection, 130 degree View, Night Vision, Works with Alexa using IFTTT (Special Offer 12 Month Cloud Storage w/ 7 day Playback)
Pros: - Very small, sleek design.
- Includes AC adapter and cord.
Cons: - Setup was not smooth, as others have pointed out. I had to try about 10 times to get the camera hooked up to my Wifi at home. I was about 5 feet from the router, but was never able to get it to connect automatically by following the on-screen directions very carefully. I had to hold the camera in front of a QR code on my iPad to get it working, and that took 3 or 4 tries as well.
- Device gets pretty hot when in use.
- The main issue I am experiencing on both my android phone and apple ipad, is that the connection to the camera drops every 5-10 seconds. I have to reload the video (press the refresh button) each time to get the camera back online. This renders the camera useless for any kind of monitoring or recording. Some users suggested disabling the 5.0 gHz band on the router to fix the issue, but mine was already disabled. Not sure if there is an issue with my router (TP Link AC 1750) but the router is rock-solid with all other devices at home.
Pros: - 480 GB is perfect for my needs as a primary OS and applications drive. I have a lot of apps installed on my PC and this drive still has plenty of room to spare.
- Fast: Benchmarks in CrystalDisk are between 400-500 MB/sec, which is great for all around application loading and file transfer.
- Price: reasonable for the disk size.
- Small form factor: Not a huge deal if you are installing in a desktop PC, but could be useful if you are installing it in a slim laptop or Macbook Pro. Likewise if you want to install it in a thin exterior USB enclosure.
Cons: - None yet.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: NETGEAR GS324 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop / Rackmount Switch
Pros: - Easy setup, just plug the unit in, and hook up your Ethernet cables to the front.
- Reliable gigabit performance.
- Nice easy to read LED lights in the front to gauge speeds of connected devices.
- Metal casement, not plastic, helps to keep unit cooler.
- 24 ports! Tons of connectivity for a home office or small business.
Cons: - None at the moment.
Other Thoughts: - My networking needs are fairly simple - I need to connect PCs, Macs, gaming consoles, and TVs to my switch without having to worry about advanced settings. This router does the trick for my needs.READ FULL REVIEW