Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - It looked nice.
- It had decent features compared to other boards.
Cons: - Broke after one year, Asus asked for $120 to fix it.
- Incredibly over priced for what you get. You end up paying for all the R&D that ASUS spends on stuff like AI Suite and ROG Supreme FX audio. Which is just a Realtek audio codec with a fancy name. AI Suite is the slowed lamest piece of software I ever used.
- The PCI lanes are mind boggling. I pay over $200 and all I get is the x16 3.0 lane supported by the Z87 chipset, and only half of the 2.0 lanes supported by Z87? Where the heck is the other 4 lanes?
Other Thoughts: Sent away for an RMA, Asus emails me asking for $120 dollars to fix it. $120 to fix a 1 year old $210 motherboard. I'm not about to put over $330 into a already over priced Sh!tfest. Get real ASUS.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Low Price
- Good Z97 chipset features, including M.2.
Cons: The motherboard is cheap. It is easy to tell that it was designed on a budget. It's slimmer than most ATX motherboards, it's got a 4+2 power phase, (which is mind boggling for Z97) It's SATA connectors aren't angled and there are only 4, 2 less than what Z97 chipset offers, IT DOESN"T SUPPORT SLI and they said they don't plan to either. It lacks a bottom PCI-E slot, even a x1 or PCI would be nice. The mosfets look and feel incredibly cheap, it's got a mix of PWM fan headers and 3 pin. The Audio chip location is questionable. The first two DDR3 slots are closer than the other two for some reason. And it's front panel headers are longer than normal.
Other Thoughts: What the heck is with no SLI support? Obviously to save money and not have to pay royalties to Nvidia. But still absolutely mind boggling since Nvida dominates the dedicated GPU market.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SilverStone SDP08 2 x 2.5" to 3.5" Bay Converter
Pros: - Does as advertised.
- Decent metal construction
Cons: - No anti vibration pads or anything implemented.
Other Thoughts: Its probably designed more in line for SSD's, however I put two 2.5 inch WD Red drives in it. Heat doesn't seem to be a problem yet. My hdds are set up in raid 1 so I am not too scared of losing a drive to heat.READ FULL REVIEW