Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Noctua NH-C14 140mm x 2 SSO CPU Cooler
Pros: After satisfactory results with a NH-D14 SE2011 and a NH-U12S on other systems, I naturally chose another Noctua cooler for a new boxed Intel Quad Core Extreme QX9770 3.2Ghz.
Other Thoughts: Noctua website says you can only install this cooler WITHOUT the lower fan on a Nvidia 790i Motherboard for clearance. After I finished assembling with ONLY the top fan, I noticed there was enough clearance to ALSO intall with lower fan too (including the support brace). This is on a XFX 790i Ultra motherboard. Don't know why they said the lower fan wouldn't fit but I can testify that it does.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: XFX TY-PE1B-3000 Black SECC 0.7mm / AL 3.0mm / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Pros: Don't have much positive to say about this case except looks OK and wiring management is easy to use to hide wires.
I wish I would have waited for the "Alpha" model which is made of aluminum instead of plastic.
Cons: 1. The plastic on this case is brittle. Don't be tempted to use the top "sculpture" as a carrying handle, I'm sure it would snap off and your computer would crash to the floor. Carry from the bottom.
2. I broke a hard drive carrier simply by removing it. Did not use much force.
3. The front panel is difficult to remove (You have to squeeze the 6 large pins together to get it off).
4. If you want to install a optional top fan, do it BEFORE you install the motherboard. There are several small screws on the top panel that are inaccessible with the motherboard in place.
5. If you want to install a optional bottom fan, the screws are also inaccessible with the case bottom in place requiring you to remove it temporarily.
6. USB and audio ports on top will probably fill with dust. (Not covered)
7. Power and reset switches are hard to find at first. Located on front panel in center about a inch from the top.
Other Thoughts: I bought this case for some older XFX parts I had laying around. Would not recommend to someone who changes parts a lot.
XFX i790 Motherboard w/ Core 2 Quad 3.0ghz
XFX Nvidia GTX280 SLI x2
XFX Pro 1000w
Pros: Looks Kewl... Reminds one of a Stealth Fighter.
Cons: When I opened the box there were 2 black broken tabs in the bottom. I identified 1 from the rear panel. The other one I still don't know where it came from. Also when I first went to power on the computer, it would not start. Traced it to a broken wire on the power switch in the case. Was able to resolder the connection and all is well. Seems a little quality control is in order from SilverstoneREAD FULL REVIEW