Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: OS X, reliable, long battery life, affordable software through app store.
Other Thoughts: This laptop is great. I had the 2013 model with Haswell i7 and 8GB of ram. Once you demo one and own one you know where your money is being spent.
The battery life is phenomenal. I would use it at school and all day at work sometimes without charging it. The processing power is great in such a small package. Converting movies never took long as well as using several VM machines.
This laptop is rugged. Don't let it's refined good looks fool you.
Pros: - Bios is rock solid with so many features and complexity
- Overclocked i5 IB 3570k to 4.8 stable and pushed 5.0 (liquid)
- Overclocked samsung green memory very well to 2400
- dual bios
- list goes on
- nick shih OC presets provided good reference points
- there is a forum thread dedicated to this board where Nick Shih himself will answer questions if he has time.
Cons: - none
Other Thoughts: This is not a motherboard for a novice user. It was built for the experienced and lends a hand to a beginner.
Once you open the box to the Formula you will see you have a beautiful product. Once you hold it in your hands you know it is of quality. It doesn't flex it's the pcb is so thick.
If you don't know what you're doing you can definitely cause system issues.
- If you take the time to learn and understand all of the intricate details of the bios settings you will be able to have a great enthusiast rig cheaper than most of the more expensive boards.
- The voltages on the presets need to be tuned to your cpu, mem, etc. I found on the presets some of the voltages were too high.
This review is from: Thermaltake Level 10 GT (VN10001W2N) Black Steel SECC / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case with Four Fans-1x 200mm Colorshift side fan, 1x 200mm Colorshift top fan, 1x 200mm Colorshift front fan and 1x 140mm rear fan
Pros: - Good setup for 240mm Rad water cooling. Mounts easily up top with 120mm mount holes for the rear as well as 140mm.
- (potential) cooling capabilities are good.
-great cable routing with plenty of space and options for management.
- Spacious interior to work in. This case stands a bit taller than a mid-tower class case.
Cons: Keep in mind this is a Top Tier listed case.
1. The mounting for the 5.25 drive bays are the most horrible design I have ever seen for a case. I wouldn't even say decent.
a. To mount a regular full bay drive you have to detach the right panel. The rear panel is not exactly the most easiest thing to detach on this. Since all your wires are stored back there, it's not something you want to do often. I had to apply oil to get the panel back on.
b. Bad tool less feature. You have to use screws to secure your drives or they will slide out.
c. Water cooling reservoirs and half bay devices - you have to take the face, and left bay panel off (the bay mesh is purely aesthetic - no cooling) wear it has standard holes to "kinda" secure your your device. Makes filling a Res. a pain.
d. After you mount all your devices with the front panel off good luck getting it back on. The inner panel has face plate plastic tabs that you will have to cut off to get it back on the case over the
Other Thoughts: ...devices.
2. Fan controller does not remember your setting.
a. In fact - it's probably the reason the fans are too modest.
3. led light toggle does not work correctly. Sometimes it turns one fan light off while keeping others on. Especially if you dis-like tacky lighting.
A. The fans are junk for an enthusiast case. Expect to pay an additional $100 bucks replacing them. Good luck finding a decent quality 200mm fan. Really? Geniuses.
- The 200mm panel fan does not cool modern video cards. I'm running 560 ti's that hit up to 85C in this case.
Note: If you purchase this case I recommend reversing the rear exhaust fan to properly cool cpu/memory etc. The top config exhaust will be adequate.
Display Name: Nathan C.
Date Joined: 08/31/11
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.