Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Great price $89
Runs at 2400mhz
Has heat spreaders
XMP profile sets the timings
Runs at suggested voltage of 1.650v
Made CPU heavy games run noticeably smoother, sounds strange but every game engine CPU reliant runs way better with the memory at 2400mhz
Cons: Did not run above 2000mhz on a z77 extreme4. Required the setting "INTERNAL PLL OVERVOLTAGE" to be enabled for the computer to boot with the ram set above 2000mhz. Google has little to no information on this setting and people are skeptical about it. I'd assume most people have it on auto so there is probably multiple people using this ram with that setting being enabled and not having any issues.
Other Thoughts: If you're going to buy this RAM make sure everything you have supports it. Check on both your motherboard's website and g.skills website to see compatible memory/motherboards that they tested to work with each other.
ASRock z77 extreme4 bios p2.90
i7 3770k @ 4.2ghz
GTX 680 2GB
650w corsair psu
And it all seems to function well after enabling internal pll overvoltage. My pc does sound a bit weird on cold boots for like ten seconds but I'm pretty sure that was introduced when I updated my bios and not from the ram installation but who knows. Probably pushing this board to its limits with the hardware. Eventually I'll make a move over to the latest motherboards and processors when I have the financial and need to do so.
I do wish G.skill would note in the description that this RAM isn't tested on every z77 board, kind of feels like false advertising. You need to manually search if the RAM is compatible on the websites themselves as the information isn't displayed here. While many can just enable XMP and call it a day - others can't and that's the problem. Make sure you manually set the RAM voltage to 1.650v or lower if you can get away with it - don't leave it on auto voltage because there's a chance your motherboard may run it higher than that.
This review is from: HyperX Fury Pro Gaming Mouse Pad - XL
Pros: Large Size
Nice to touch (at first)
A very smooth/controlled glide
Cons: Wears extremely fast (less than a month) Glide becomes sticky/slow
Pad loses satin feel in just a month, feels 'worse' to touch
Other Thoughts: I don't recommend this product for anyone who plays competitively, wears extremely fast. Seek other options.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: HyperX Fury Pro Gaming Mouse Pad - Large
Pros: Large size - For players playing low sensitivity who need the extra swiping space.
No logo/texture which interferes with mouse movement
Smooth Glide - Works great with hyperglide mousefeet, will take a short while to adjust to the pad now that you have extra horizontal space. I find the glide to be quick enough to move around and slow enough to keep it under control, would be nice if it had even more control.
Cons: 1) Ships rolled, this leads the pad to be uneven and regardless of how much you roll it the opposite side or place heavy objects on it, it will never be perfectly flat like other competitors mousepads. Shipping the mousepad not rolled with of course cost more, but for a better product it's worth it.
2) Middle layer foam is not tightly woven, this leads to 'air pockets' between the mousepads bottom and upper layer. I ordered 2 pads and both had air pockets, the second ones air pocket was much less so I kept it as my daily usage. This also affects mousepad 'hardness' (sink you get when you apply pressure)
3) Glide becomes damaged when mousepad is cleaned, they don't specify a specific way to clean so I lightly rubbed the pad with a damp microfiber cloth and waited for it to dry, the glide was not the same and I had to order another pad. I do not recommend cleaning this pad with any type of liquids
4) Both pads had very minor frays on the right side, doesn't affect glide but you do notice it by eye. Wouldn't remove rating for that at all.
5) Bottom layer offers nothing in terms of sticking to desk, it simply sticks to the desk due to its mass. It will slide around at first until the pad is less 'uneven' which will take a week or so because the pad shipped rolled. Afterthat it shouldn't budge at all. Again this isn't enough to stop you from buying this product.
6) Catches dust easily, dust your room often and blow on the pad to try and keep it off. I don't recommend using water on the pad, it may work just gently letting water run on the pad but if it changes the glide then you may have ruined your pad so try and avoid that.
Other Thoughts: I contacted kingston customer support via phone about the air bubble and the rep didn't know what an air bubble in a mousepad was, he took down my info and said he'd speak to the QC department to see if it'd be something they would honor/replace - they never called back.
I bought two pads, one had an air pocket on the bottom left, the second pad had a much smaller air pocket in the lower left center. The first pads air pocket was much worse in that you felt it when you glided over it. Luckily the second pad I don't feel it so I kept that pad.
Also the glide became 'slick' after I cleaned it off.. that's a huge con and I won't be cleaning this second one, I render the pad not usable when it becomes so slick.
Not a bad first cloth product from kingston, I personally use it over other pads simply due to the size being larger than basically anything on the market in non desk size. I also like the glide. You can happily replace any type of qck+/qck heavy with this pad, if you have something like an artisan shiden or similar mousepad then you're looking in the wrong area - these are cloth pads.
I play competitive fps at a high level and you can have my seal of approval that this is a product you can purchase with ease of mind that it will do your fragging job and provide you with the space to do so.