Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Gaming VOID Wireless RGB Gaming Headset - Carbon
Pros: - Comfortable ( for longevity gaming)
- Ear piece is breathable
- Easy installation
- 18 Hours vs the Corsair 2100 which is 10 hours.
- LED on mic to light when mute is on is very helpful.
- Corsair software is better than most peripheral software on the market.
Cons: - The supplied micro USB cable is garbage. It is ridiculously hard to plug in and remove. I swapped it for a normal phone one.
- The USB dongle was initially plugged in behind my computer into the motherboard. I have to move it due to sound lag/ delay when sitting on my couch 12 feet away. Now that it is on the top of my case I have not experienced any more lag. This could be remedied with the USB desktop extender as supplied with the 2100.
- Sound is good, not bad but not mind blowing. For the price range it does the job perfectly for my wireless gaming needs.
Other Thoughts: - Lighting is more or less of a gimmick, doesn't add value to the piece at all.
- I purchased the VOID ($130) and the Corsair 2100 ($100), after putting the 2100 on my head, and then trying the VOID. I didn't even listen to the 2100, as it was so uncomfortable after a minute. The extra 30 dollars is well spent on purchasing the VOID, as the materials and comfort make it the better buy.
Pros: - Wireless / Bluetooth
- On-board Sound Blaster Cinema Card
- Bios GUI, Easy update bios, dual bios.
- All the latest tech wrapped into one package.
- CrossfireX no Crossfire bridge needed.
- CrossfireX works without hitch with 2x 390x's
- Fits my 6x HDD, and 1x SSD nicely, with room to spare.
- Overclocking and XMP for ram is easily accessible, and adjustable.
Cons: - No PCI accessory slots (however with a good sound card ,wifi/bluetooth I overlooked this).
- Wish the antenna cords were longer. Only a few feet, means they are stuck relatively close to my case/desk. (no sticky tape for antennas, go buy some double sided 3m tape)
Other Thoughts: Make sure you always update your drivers beyond whats provided on the DVD.
I am posting because I was skeptical at first because of one bad review, but I figured its the latest MSI board how bad could it possibly be? Well its not bad at all, its been pretty solid. Wifi works great, bluetooth hooks up to my Samsung Level over headset, and works in mumble. Which those two were a big selling point over the other boards I was looking at. At this point everything has been running flawlessly as expected.
Pros: Large drive
Reliable, yes that's right something all the drives in the past two years lack.
Cons: Not the fastest drive, but I that going into this. It is mainly for Streaming media throughout my household. So the minimal usage fits nicely.
Other Thoughts: I have not purchased a large TB HD in some time. Seeing all the reviews of DOA and dives dying from weeks to months after purchase. I saw this drive, own 3-4 WD Green drives. Waited for some reviews to populate with reliability and then purchased on sale. Did not disappoint. Just have to format using GPT instead of MBR to get it to format as one entire partition.READ FULL REVIEW