Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: Super Fast. This processor will eat through anything you need to do. Probably the most I've taxed it is doing media format conversions. My old computers would take hours, but this thing will go through it in a few minutes.
Cons: Nothing needs this much power haha. Most of the time my cpu is just sitting around using like 10%...if that.
Its also expensive, so you are kind of just throwing in extra money for extra power you probably dont need. I just got this thing to say I have an i7 and not an i5 :)
Other Thoughts: You wont be disappointed with this cpu, however you can save some money and just get an i5. I guarantee you wont be able to notice the difference. Especially if you are building a gaming rig. In fact, you might actually see a performance gain from an i5 because they dont have the extra overhead of hyperthreading (which most games dont take advantage of). Well, you wont be able to notice the performance gain since this stuff is so small, but its there however subtle.
If you are going to be doing alot of cpu intense tasks (video rendering or media conversions and what not) get this thing and you will be happy
Pros: Will run anything. At highest setting. For years to come probably.
I was a console gamer before now. I played a few computer games but didnt really have the money to invest in a good rig....Skyrim looks straight ridiculous with this thing and about 30 graphics mods.
You put this card in your computer and you will easily blow any console out of the water. You should also be able to compete with the Xbox One and PS4 when they come out in a few months without breaking a sweat.
Cons: Would be great if it was like $50 - $100 less, but that's just because I'm cheap :)
This card is worth the money
Had to RMA the first card, the HDMI port was messed up, couldnt fit a cable in it. Also after like a month it practically died. Would constantly crash as soon as windows booted on my system, and would randomly crash when I put it in my roommates system.
But these things happen, EVGA support was fantastic and my new card has worked without any problems. HDMI port and all.
Other Thoughts: This card is the best you can get without dropping like $500+ on a top of the line, new model. It is also cheap enough that SLI, while ridiculous and unnecessary, wouldn't bankrupt you.
If you can afford it, you wont be disappointed
This review is from: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Mid Tower Case
Pros: Where to begin...
* This case looks amazing, it doesnt have a bunch of flashy led lights or anything like that, it just looks good.
* very well built, feels sturdy. You can tell alot of thought went into the design of this case
* The clear side panel lets you show off your hardware and the latches feel great whenever you are taking on of the side panels off, it doesnt feel cheap or flimsy.
* The HDD hot swap bay on the top is really really useful if you are like me and have a bunch of random harddrives laying around you need to access sometimes.
* The right side is recessed so you can hide your cords under the motherboard. This helps keep thing cooler and makes thing look way neater.
* Plenty of space inside for giant graphics cards and harddrives
* runs super cool. All the space, the fans and being raised off the floor keeps this thing cool. Idle will average like 40 C, understress it averages like 60 C. Running a stress test (prime95, maxes cpu for a while) it maxed out at 85 C. Nothing but the stock CPU heatsink/fan and the fans that came with this case.
Cons: Noting very big, no deal brekaers for sure.
* the top fan rattles for a second while it spins up but it quiets down quickly.
* It. Is Freaking. Huge.
I underestimated how big this thing was before I bought it, I am used to it now and actually like the extra space on the inside, but I was taken aback at first.
* The usb ports on the front panel dont hook straight into the mobo, you will have to get an adapter. Little bit of a buzz kill, but it works fine
Other Thoughts: You will not be disappointed if you buy this case. Alot of people skimp on the case when they build a computer but I think it is well worth investing in a quality case. The extra money is well worth it.READ FULL REVIEW