Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: YAMAHA RX-A2030 9.2-Channel Receiver
Pros: This Yamaha RX-A2030 AVR has almost everything you could ask for in terms of features (less wifi and bluetooth). I really do not need Dolby Atmos standard (additional speakers in the ceiling) – 5.1 to 7.2 is good enough for me. This way I saved $800 by buying RX-A2030 instead RX-A2040.
So I was looking for AVR which has:
- good quality amp (low 0.06 % THD, over 100 W to all channels)
- good quality DACs
- HDMI I/O
- Ethernet port (wifi would be nice , but is not a deal breaker – I use powerline Ethernet module)
- extensive audio codec and format support (many Dolby and DTS formats, FLAC)
- HDMI with 3D ARC
- AV controller app for android
- front port inputs (USB, HDMI, composite)
- additional zone controller
- room acoustics multi point measurements
This AVR has excellent reviews on many AVR forums (like many other Yamaha and Denon AVRs).
I guess I was the fist who bought RX-A2030 from World Wide Stereo (via Newegg is a reseller) so I decided to write short review. The competition between Yamaha and Denon AVRs was close but overall when it came to quality, features, and pricing Yamaha won!
Cons: lack of wifi and blusetooth - this can by fixed by buying these two adapters or using powerline Ethernet module.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: I had this for more than 1 year. I works great - I use it with multiple drives (Fedora + RAID, and Windows) - switch at boot time
Other Thoughts: I replaced AMD cpu heat sink with ZalmanREAD FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Antec DF-85 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Pros: This is a great case. I use it for my software raid 5 system. The only minor things I would comment on are:
1. change transparent window on left hand side to solid metal (they still could have vents for extra fan). Majority of people do not want to see extra blinking lights (some fans like Zalman have LED).
2. Get rid of LEDs in fans (front, top, rear) - same comments as above
3. The three 5.25" bays probably is too much. Antec could probably squeeze in three more 3.5" drive bays and just leave one 5.25" inch bay for DVD drive. In these three 5.25" bays I installed iSTAR drive cage - gives me 5 extra disks.
4. top bay for 2.5" drive is not really needed
5. The bottom 3.5" bay should have the modular enclosure like the bays above it, instead the screw on the side.
Cons: noneREAD FULL REVIEW