Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. Lowest temperatures of any card I have owned. Even while testing out some overclocking and manually setting the fans to 50% it never got past 68 degrees.
2. Quietest card I have ever owned. I manually upped the fan speeds to see when they would be audible, and at around 55% you can start to hear a faint air sound. At around 70% you can really start to hear the fans, but it isn't an annoying sound like a blower style fan. That being said, I have never had the fans go above 40% while gaming.
3. Plays games at 2560x1440 with no problems (played metro 2033 and Borderlands Pre-Sequel so far). There will most likely be some current/future games at this resolution that it does not handle at 60fps.
4. Card is well built and sturdy. The cooler feels solid, and the backplate means no bending of the PCB.
Cons: 1. Will be almost impossible to find this model later on if I decide to SLI
Other Thoughts: I have purchased many different brands and models of cards over the years. This card is definitely one of the best cards I have used.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. Quiet
3. Decent airflow
Cons: 1. Could push more air.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SPARKLE GeForce GTX 680 700021 (CALIBRE -- GTX680) 2GB 256-Bit Video Card
Pros: 1. This card is extremely quiet. Even when stress testing it I couldn't hear it. I have never used a card that was this quiet, and I have built a lot of gaming computers.
2. The temperatures stay extremely low. Idle it sits around 29°C, gaming it peaks at 69°C, and during stress test it got up to 73°C. All this was with the fan set at 40% max.
3. It has a solid design. There is no PCB bending whatsoever. The back plate does a great job of adding that extra support.
4. Newegg states that it has a three year warranty but this is incorrect, it has a lifetime warranty.
5. This card comes with a great overclock. The boost clock on this card is 1204MHz. The Newegg description list only the base clock of 1124MHz. 1204MHz is the best factory overclock you can buy on Newegg at the moment.
6. The price is very low for the quality of card you get. This is a top of the line card.
7. I decided to list this last, but it is why this card works so well. The design of this card (having the fans below the heat sink fins) is amazing. It makes me wonder why not a lot of companies do this. It seems to have a drastic impact on performance and noise.
Cons: 1. I wish it came with 4GB memory, but as of right now this is not an issue.
2. The name is horrible. "Calibre Captain." Who came up with that name.
Other Thoughts: This design works better than any other design I have used at keeping temperatures and noise down... This is my first time buying a Sparkle product, and I am very happy with my purchase. If you are on the fence about what 680 card to buy, get this one. I would not be surprised if other companies start using this design.READ FULL REVIEW