Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. Quiet
3. Decent airflow
Cons: 1. Could push more air.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: SPARKLE 700021 (CALIBRE -- GTX680) GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-Bit Video Card
Pros: 1. This card is extremely quiet. Even when stress testing it I couldn't hear it. I have never used a card that was this quiet, and I have built a lot of gaming computers.
2. The temperatures stay extremely low. Idle it sits around 29°C, gaming it peaks at 69°C, and during stress test it got up to 73°C. All this was with the fan set at 40% max.
3. It has a solid design. There is no PCB bending whatsoever. The back plate does a great job of adding that extra support.
4. Newegg states that it has a three year warranty but this is incorrect, it has a lifetime warranty.
5. This card comes with a great overclock. The boost clock on this card is 1204MHz. The Newegg description list only the base clock of 1124MHz. 1204MHz is the best factory overclock you can buy on Newegg at the moment.
6. The price is very low for the quality of card you get. This is a top of the line card.
7. I decided to list this last, but it is why this card works so well. The design of this card (having the fans below the heat sink fins) is amazing. It makes me wonder why not a lot of companies do this. It seems to have a drastic impact on performance and noise.
Cons: 1. I wish it came with 4GB memory, but as of right now this is not an issue.
2. The name is horrible. "Calibre Captain." Who came up with that name.
Other Thoughts: This design works better than any other design I have used at keeping temperatures and noise down... This is my first time buying a Sparkle product, and I am very happy with my purchase. If you are on the fence about what 680 card to buy, get this one. I would not be surprised if other companies start using this design.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. Fast
2. Good price/performance ratio
3. Almost silent below 40% fan speed
Cons: 1. This thing runs hot. In fact, this is one of the hottest cards I have used in a while. It gets to almost 90°C in my well ventilated full tower while doing moderate gaming. I have another companies 7970 that runs at 70°C for comparison.
2. This is one of the flimsiest 7970 I have worked with. I was surprised at the cheep feel it has. I am worried about the PCB bending over time.
Other Thoughts: I may have a bad card that just happens to run hot, I am not sure. This is unacceptable, and I am going to have return it. Hopefully the next one runs cooler.
The card I received had 2 8pin connectors instead of the 6 and 8 pictured. Not a big deal.