Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Kingston 4GB microSDHC Flash Card W/ E-Tail clamshell Model SDC4/4GBET
Pros: Work as sold. Good price.
Other Thoughts: I bought 3 of these to test various deployments of OSs to my Raspberry Pi and as storage and so far they have all worked as intended.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - The i5 is a great chip and this laptop seems to make great use of it.
- Having an inbuilt optical drive (DVD write) is fantastic at this weight/price.
- Screen size and resolution are perfect for what I need, which is a portable machine that I can use for a little development and general browsing/reading.
- The keyboard took a little getting used to, but I've grown to really like it, positive but not overly 'clicky'.
- I like being able to disable the touchpad when using a usb mouse, stops random mouse movements when resting your palms!
Cons: - The camera sucks, but for low quality video calls on Skype it's really just fine.
- The pre-installed OS/utilities are a pain, but as others have said, I just grabbed a clean install of Win7 and installed that using the key on the base of the unit.
- The screen can be a little reflective in high brightness environments as it's a bit glossy, but nothing that makes it unusable and I'm rarely in situations like that.
- I find the track pad a little insensitive when trying to use the scroll (stroking the right hand edge of the pad), find that sometimes it works and other times it just moves the mouse. That might be my inaccuracy but it can be annoying as my old laptop did that really nicely (about all it did nicely mind).
Other Thoughts: Pro or con, depends on your view, but there is no catch when you close the lid. This worried me at first, but has not proven to be a problem. The battery life isn't quite what they state but it's not bad either, I get 4-5 hours with it on WiFi and charging other devices plugged in on the USB, so still very reasonable. Has a good set of ports, all that I need from a laptop. It runs quietly most of the time, unless I put it under real load and its build quality is very good. Overall, I'm very happy with it and would have expected to pay a good few hundred bucks more for what I got.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Bought the box as part of a Newegg package, using it for an OpenFiler installation. Have four internal 1TB drives which the case holds easily. Considering it comes with power supply, I can't complain at the price. Power supply is also quiet. Along with my four Hitachi drives you're hard pushed to know the machine is on.
Cons: None so far.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Nicholas H.
Date Joined: 04/14/08
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.