Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Metal case (besides the bottom of the laptop)
- Easy access to HDD, RAM, Wireless card
- Sound is unrivaled
- fingerprint scanner (for those who use it)
- backlit keyboard
- large sturdy touchscreen with great resolution
- easily cleaned
- good fast boot time for an HDD instead of SSD
- rarely heats up and the fan is extremely quite
Cons: - Sometimes the laptop will freeze and refuse to do anything. After removing most of the preinstalled software and disabling some of the start up software, this computer has ran perfect ever since
- the track pad is tricky. I find myself always using a mouse instead of the track pad for most things like games or designing software like photoshop
- touch screen is a magnet for fingerprints but that is to be expected.
- battery life is lack luster lasting me usually 3-4 hours max, but that is what a charger is for.
Other Thoughts: This is simply a great laptop. It has access to the HDD, mSATA, RAM, and Wireless card for easy fixes. The touch screen is a wonderful touch that adds most of the weight to the laptop in my opinion. It is very well built and the sound is unrivaled. I have had this laptop for a month and have not found any problems (beyond the freezing issue due to the preinstalled software like norton). The keyboard is very easy to type on and isnt' too terribly loud. The quite quiet even when playing games or running many intensive programs on it. I have never heard the fan or heat from the computer really blare out. I would highly recommend this computer to anyone.
I got this computer from Newegg refurbished and it is like new. Not a single issue with it. For the price of $700 at the time, it was an oustanding deal! I could not find a better laptop at this price point out there.
Display Name: Anonymous
Date Joined: 06/07/10
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.