Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Very snappy. The 8GB of RAM, Core i7, SSD and GTX 660 make this laptop really quick.
- Nice keyboard. The backlight is a nice feature and it's easy to turn on and off. It's very comfortable. I also like the mute button -- makes it easy to ensure quietness when I boot up at school.
- Plenty of USB ports. Two of them are USB 3.0, good for a big external drive kept at home. I don't know if four ports is pretty standard or not by my last laptop had only two and it was a pain. This is much better.
- Onboard speakers are surprisingly good for a laptop.
- DOUBLE-WIDTH LEFT SHIFT KEY. Maybe it's just because I'm Canadian but I have a really hard time finding English keyboards now. Most are French and have the shift key chopped in half. It's a small thing but a huge annoyance, for me at least. The shift key more than makes up for the fact that the arrows and numpad are mashed together on this keyboard.
Cons: - The brushed metal finish gets smudgy pretty quickly.
- The layout of the right side of the keyboard takes some getting used to
- The computer is heavier than I was expecting (5.9 kg, compared to my toshiba satellite which is 2.4kg).
These are all minor and I'm not docking an egg because of them.
Other Thoughts: I couldn't find another laptop with so much in one package for a comparable price. The RAM, the CPU, the graphics chip, the hard drive... and it's a Lenovo computer so I have no worries about the hardware quality.
I'm a software developer/student and my last computer (Core i3, 4gb ram, intel graphics) could barely run the software I needed to do my job and my schoolwork (dreamweaver, apache, mysql, visual studio, sql server, IIS, eclipse, several browsers; most of the time all of this at once as I switch tasks). This laptop has no problem handling everything -- so if you're a developer and/or comp sci student, this is a great laptop that won't disappoint at a reasonable price.