Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Beautiful Color
- Very Crisp and clean. Colors are very vivid and clear
- Stand is sturdy, although a little wide in the front
- Great add-ons like DVI/HDMI
- Love the physical buttons. Not a fan of monitors that use touch screen buttons
- Very bright screen. Can be turned down, but it can be quite bright
- Surprisingly light for it's size
- Speakers are actually not bad. Not sure why everyone doesn't like them. They don't get SUPER loud, and it's not like it's 5.1 or 7.1, I mean....they're built-in speakers. But they're not bad.
Cons: - A little bulky. Definitely more bulky than newer monitors
- Older monitor compared to what's out there. I plan to get three, and I hope and pray these stay in production for a good year, or more.
Asus, Newegg, PLEASE KEEP THESE IN PRODUCTION, AND IN STOCK!
Other Thoughts: For those of you who wants to hook up a PS3 (or Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS4), I had a little trouble getting my PS3 to detect and use 1080p.
(Note: I use my HDMI for my console, and DVI for my PC. I do this because I can use the speakers for my console, which is carried through the HDMI cable)
Try these things if you are having trouble getting it to work:
- First things first, TRY ANOTHER HDMI CABLE. The quickest and easiest solution could be to just swap out your cable. It could be something wrong with it, or it's just not wanting to work properly.
- Unplug everything from your monitor and console. Then plug your console back in, and JUST your HDMI to the monitor. Then try selecting the 1080p option. Then plug your PC back into your monitor.
- Reset your video settings. On the PS3, turn off the console, then press and hold the power button until you hear the second "beep". Not sure how to do this on other consoles.
Hope some of that information helps someone.
Pros: Read cons if you want to overclock
Cons: So after getting everything installed, I wanted to see what I could get out of my new 770. The answer was not much without some heavy modding.
First off, the voltage is capped at 1.215v which limits what you can do with the core clock. With mine, I am only able to max out my core clock at 1254MHz (memory clock at 1850MHz but not maxed).
The way to get you OC to stay is that you have to mod your BIOS, and change the default clocks.
Every time I tried to OC my card, the OC would get throttled and it would lower it. Sometimes it would go back up depending on the GPU load, but more often than not it would stay down, and I would have to quit MSI Afterburner and restart the program to get my OC back.
Now that all is said and done, I do have an OC on the card ONLY after modding the BIOS. But sadly, I can't OC anymore because I am limited to an increase of +12 on MSI AF for my voltage (because it's max is locked at 1.215V).
To me, this is pretty much a joke. If I want to OC a card, that should be my business. If it bricks, that's my fault, but I shouldn't be limited on what I can do with my hardware.
- 1 Egg for my previous review
-1 Egg for locked voltage and having to mod my BIOS to get any kind of OC to stick.
Pros: - Card runs cool
- Looks great
- Performance is outstanding
- MSI warranty (I think that as a pro because I love their warranty)
Cons: - Big. I knew this going in, so make sure you can fit it in your case.
- Newegg, newegg, newegg... I purchased this card with the NVIDIA Holiday bundle, and when I received my card, I had no games in the box.
I contacted Newegg (after 40 mins on hold to actually talk to someone), and they said that even though I ordered it with the games, since some of them were out of stock (Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell), I would not be receiving them even though I purchased the card while the promotion was still advertised.
The only thing they were able to do was send me Batman Arkham Origins (which they still had in stock). No other games, no gift card, nothing to say "Sorry we didn't have the game to give you that you ordered".
I still love Newegg, but after this, I will be much more hesitant with my purchases.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.