Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Size
- Can be upgraded
- Great Performance (after Vaio and Windows Updates)
- Runs Blender 3D fine
Cons: - Track pad
- Initial performance is scary slow
- Shift key is small
Other Thoughts: I am a software developer and wanted a small laptop for on-the-go development. Initially the performance was insanely slow...and I do mean slow. I ran my usual Blender benchmark render which took about 2 Mins 36 seconds (my 1.6 Ghz I7 renders it in about 24 seconds). Then I installed all the updates from Sony and Microsoft (which took all night :( ) , Now it renders the same scene in 56 seconds (not bad at all really). I have been running 3 instances of Visual Studio 2012 as well as Expression Blend and Chrome and it seems to run just fine.
What I absolutely hate:
- The track pad sucks....but, it's usable. The buttons also function as the track pad so if you move your finger at all while clicking the pointer will move... The buttons will make a click sound even if the "mouse click" doesn't register (you have to click on the far corners on the button to get it to register 100% of the time).
- The shift key is about half the width it needs to be so I constantly think I'm hitting the shift key on the see my cursor move up a line (the UP arrow it next to the shift key)
What I love:
-Battery life is awesome
- the Sleep / Rapid wake is fantastic (I can code for 5 minutes, then close the lid and pick it up in an hour or the next day..without needing to reopen my projects. Super great feature.
All of my gripes are workable and wouldn't stop me from recommending it to anyone wanting a small laptop that can handle work-like activities...just my 2 cents..Extremely happy with my purchase.