Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Battery life isn't too bad, given the specs of the machine.
- When working properly, quick resume is nice.
- Heat management is decent and I do not cook when it is in my lap as I do with my old Thinkpad T60p
- Best laptop sound I've had, though my other laptops were not meant to be gaming machines.
Cons: - HORRIBLE problems with wireless. Sometimes, it will connect to an access point, sometimes it won't. Sometimes I have to put it in airplane mode or disable and re-enable the wireless and then it works. Access points that used to work, won't connect anymore. Have no issues with other devices connecting to te same access points. Have had issue since Day 1 and support's only suggestion was to update driver. (wasn't an update at the time) When I try to use the laptop on the train, it usually takes 5 to 10 minutes of my 35 minute ride just to get wireless connected.... VERY frustrating.
- Inconsistent resume. Sometimes it takes minutes for it to "come back"
- Inconsistent suspend. Sometimes, it acts like it is in suspend, but it really isn't. Open the laptop a couple hours later and .... dead battery....
- Part of the finish on the back started to wear within 4 weeks of owning. Laptop sits on a desk and goes into a bag once a day, nothing out of the ordinary.
- Since day 1, using IE has been horrible. Will freeze for minutes. Updated IE and same issues. Firefox/Chrome seem to work significantly better.
- Touchpad/Gestures in Windows 8 are BEYOND infuriating as while typing on the keyboard will bring you hand close enough to the touchpad to trigger gestures... Had to disable all of these to make machine usable.
Other Thoughts: I don't know whether to blame the laptop or the use of Windows 8 (and 8.1) for my troubles. I'm strongly considering rebuilding with Windows 7 to see if my luck improves.
With that said, I have a Dell Vostro 1720 running Windows 8 and it performs significantly better than this machine.
Overall very disappointed as I purchased looking for the horsepower to be a desktop replacement and I currently try to avoid using this machine whenever possible.....