Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: PNY XLR8 SSD9SC120GMDF-RB 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Other Thoughts: Ive had fewer problems than anyone ive known with an ssd, which is always a good thang. I havnt bothered with an ssd until now because ive never had a super awesome computer before so I cant really compare and im not gonna try other than this, the specs when tested perform well within the error margin than wat its advertised at and its pretty decent specs side by side with other ssds and when compared to a wd velociraptor well lets not do that because I like mine too much lol I have had a few hybrid drives though and this thang makes them look slow even to some extent even when compared to after the hybrids load up they're files they need.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1)The price, though i'll admit u can find a better looking cases for even cheaper, this case is almost unmatched in its price for out of the box performance.
2)The metal isn't sharp.
3)Air flow out of the box is better than I could of imagined the fans are actually pretty good and about lower middle maybe upper middle if your a quite person, of the sound department. infact I plan on keeping the front and side fans because the case has a feature than can turn off the lights without having to do anything weird or on the inside of the case (its on the front).
Cons: 1)the feet come off with pretty much any sliding which is literally impossible to do if you have a computer like mine (or a case like this lol).
2)The case could def look better.
3)the lights are a lot more in the purple spectrum than I woulda liked. I am a lil more color blind than most ppl though so ill say the color of the lights is a very off blue. any video or picture (minus maybe a raw image or something) wont reflect how it will look in person, during the day it looks a lot better too so its really only a problem if ur a night person...
4)the way they saved money was going with a simple design and making everything as good as it needed to be would be the best way to describe it. like with the rubber feet, you don't really need them so their kinda just "tacked on" the quick release setup (for the drives) isn't the best but it works really well or u can take them off super easy if that's more thang. I could go on but I think u get wat I mean.
PS)the top grill of mines latch was broken when I got it but it still worked when I pushed the plastic back in place. the arm or whatever of the catch had one side that was completely bent back on itself like someone had hit it with something like maybe a hammer, I say this because of how perfectly it was creased someone if they pushed woulda had to push pretty hard to do this type of thang with plastic.
Other Thoughts: overall im very happy with the case its basically a good performing decent looking big case that beats out the performance of the good looking cases in its price (range) and is on par with the good performing ugly cases u can get, maybe not if u fully load them up with fans though because this one is slightly more limited than some of the ugly cases. I would say its a lil more performance than looks and that you can tell if you put better fans and stuff this case would be crazy good for air cooling this is the first time I tried to do anything water cooling and it was only an h100i closed loop one, which by the way fits perfectly on the top and with push pull u just gotta take off the grill thang, mine was broken upon arrival didn't want to ship it back because I planned this when I was putting together my list. I bet if u needed or wanted it u could get some of those super thin fans forget wat they're called and put them on and keep the grill.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1) extremely dense, meaning theres not a lot of wasted space which in most cases is bad but for portability...
2) the touch screen made me start looking for touch screens for my desktop because that how windows 8 is meant to be used it really does bring together the "bad" two desktop thang.
3) Its actually a lot faster than I woulda though being comparable to even a modern budget rig.
4) is insanely cool unless ur doing anthing that makes it work graphically which is expected in sucha small package, watching movies and stuff doesn't stress it though so...
5) really good battery life even under load.
6) got it for 600ish.
7) almost forgot the build quality is freaking amazing (minus the one thang listed below) ive spent way more on computers that felt cheap even the keys feel good on this.
Cons: 1) the air that comes out is hot enough to almost instantly liquefy a chocolate bar... so im told lol I almost didn't want to list this because I don't eat chocolate but they really should of made the vent larger its so condensed that the air is like super heated its almost not an option to use this under load on ur lap I was actually a lil shocked
2) its kinda a funny size for cases and stuff though this is almost good because its a lot smaller than it "should" be.
3) a lot of trial software I mean if ur gonna load a pc up with crapware at least give the current version for free like idk almost every other pre built company has been doing since forever.
4) the one glaring flaw (only glaring because of the quality of everything else) is the hinge, this thang has literally the most breakable looking hinge, if anything on this laptop go it'll be the hinge.
5) the way the screen bends a lil in the middle every time u use the transformation which isn't nearly as useless as its made out to be considering the exhaust problem.
Other Thoughts: I know I shoulda known this but the ssd is really small for windows 8, would been cool on 7... so buy a good usb thumb drive pref, because it'll have pretty good transfer or an external for storage because when u fill up an ssd its almost impossible to get them back up (not so much anymore but just tryna drive the point home lol) to speed. but basically a really well built laptop and if ur not into finding deals and stuff this one even normal price is a pretty good deal and when its on sale its almost a steal. I think the coolest part is the creative way they solved the vent problem even if it was unintentional, im talking about the way the screen bends back but not all the way really makes playing touchscreen games ok on the go.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.