Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: POWEREX MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer w/4pcs 2700mAh AA Rechargeable Batteries
Pros: Does everything that it claims.
Refreshes old batteries and reports the actual mAh per battery.
Intuitive user interface. Each battery bay is individually controlled.
Easy to use. Gives suggested parameters so you don't have to be a battery expert to figure out what to do.
Lighted display panel is great.
Cons: None. I am extremely satisfied.
Other Thoughts: I was deciding between this versus another popular competing brand. I'm glad I went with this because it has worked flawlessly.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: 1. Excellent build quality. The aluminum unibody was perfectly engineered and manufactured.
2. Excellent thermal dissipation. The palmrest and keyboard does not heat up with heavy gaming.
3. Low noise fans even during heavy gaming. Does not sound like a vacuum cleaner or juice blender like other gaming laptops.
4. Extremely compact and slim. Fits in the smallest of spaces when you are traveling.
5. Extremely light weight considering the power under the hood.
6. Lighted keyboard, high precision trackpad.
7. Powerful GPU. Best in class for this form factor.
8. Long battery life (I get over 6 hrs web surfing via wifi).
9. Fast, upgradable storage. There is an empty mSATA slot for a second SSD should you need one. Basically you can install up to 2 GB internal SSD storage (1 GB + 1GB) in this machine if you need it in the future.
10. The screen has an extremely fast response time (2 ms green to green) which reduces ghosting and thus the best choice for gaming.
Cons: 1. The TN screen quality is really average and certainly not below average. Specifically, in terms of the contrast ratio, the blacks are slightly greyish, just like most consumer laptops. The viewing angles are perfectly fine for a single user and no different from the vast majority of consumer laptops.
2. Non-upgradable 8 GB RAM. Only a minority of gamers would benefit from more than 8 GB of RAM.
3. Only 3 USB slots. I would have preferred 4 but a USB hub is an easy work-around.
4. No optical drive. Few people use optical drives anymore and a USB optical drive is an easy workaround. The benefits of having a lighter compact machine outweighs the benefits of an integrated optical drive that I will only use 1% of the time.
5. The battery is not easily removable. You cannot have a spare battery.
This review is from: Synology DS413j Diskless System DiskStation
Pros: Easy to install. Stable software. Easy to use.
Good bang for the buck compared to the competition.
I have been a happy owner of the previous model (DS410j) and decided to give this newer model (DS413j) a try. So far so good.
Cons: Wish it were less expensive.
Other Thoughts: When I started installation, I had problems connecting to the NAS and the blue LED on the power switch blinked nonstop for >10 minutes. It turns out that 2 of my 4 new hard drives were dead on arrival. All problems went away after I replaced the 2 broken drives. Note that it is normal for the blue LED on the power switch to blink for about 3 minutes during boot-up.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.