Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: 1. Adjustable tension on the joystick through the use of interchangeable springs.
2. Adjustable tension on the throttle through the use of a rotary dial on the base.
3. The use of high resolution hall sensors for a great deal of accuracy.
4. Improved software which allows for multiple device configurations and tuning.
5. Split throttle for the use of multi-engine systems, can be locked for single engines.
6. Green LED Back-lighting.
7. Throttle is smooth and feels commanding.
Cons: 1. The joystick takes some force to get it away from center.
2. All plastic design.
3. With the tension high on the throttle it will tend to move around on your desk.
4. The plastic shows fingerprints easily.
5. Switches on base of throttle are momentary.
6. Hat switches on throttle are easily activated.
7. Joystick is very large, small hands may find it difficult to use.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is a great HOTAS and has plenty of options to make it an ideal candidate for complex flight simulation. It is also simple enough to use on basic games and will allow you to learn and grow with your simulators and games. Cannot ask for much more at a 200.00 price point.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Runs cool
- Very Quiet
- Fast rendering Games/3d Applications
- Nice design
Cons: - Failed (2 times), both times with artifacts
- Had to wait over 2 weeks each time for RMA, even with overnight shipping to them.
- First RMA received a cosmetically damaged card (heat pipes dented), not good for show.
- Customer support would not expedite shipping
- For the cost of this card I would have expected better support and with the RMA's a new card each time.
Other Thoughts: This card is very powerful and will run any game on the market today. I waited a long time to write a review because of previous experiences with video cards, and I am glad I did. I used to really like MSI but I do not think I will purchase from them again.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Easy setup and configuration
Tons of fan headers
Voltage headers for easy measurement
UEFI is easy and intuitive...yes a little dated feel to it but very effective.
XMP Profiles for RAM OC
Cons: 802.11ac Network adapter has extremely high packet loss.
Cannot control OPT fans in the same manner as standard fan headers.
Other Thoughts: I would have given this a 5 star review but I am very disappointed that after a complete build and install the 802.11ac adapter has high packet loss. This occurs only on this machine and no others. ASUS wants the board and adapter sent back for repair. After this build to tear it down and rebuild when the new one comes in it is better for me to just keep the defective card and order another adapter.
Other than that the board is great and I have had no issues with it. Running 2x gtx780 with an i7 4770k at 4.6ghz. Will try pushing to 4.7 and if I wont the lottery with this chip maybe 4.8.