Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Kirby: Triple Deluxe 3DS
Pros: + Kirby franchise is pretty fun
+ Varied powers with lots of moves
+ Fluid gameplay
+ Lots of collectibles in-game
+ Bosses are interesting and not necessarily pushovers
Cons: - Game is a little short
- Story is a little bland but that's expected
Other Thoughts: This game is pretty fun and, if you're a Kirby fan, you'll enjoy it. It is a little short but Kirby games aren't exactly long to begin with. After you finish it, you can replay it as King Dedede in a mode where you try to finish levels with the best times. There are also a lot of keychains that will give feelings of nostalgia to some fans and something to aim towards for completionists.
There is a good amount of powers and each has different moves depending on the direction of the joystick or other factors (somewhat like the moves in Smash Bros. titles).
I recommend this game for younger players and fans of Kirby. The game isn't too hard but bosses can be challenging at times. There is a multiplayer mode I haven't tried.
This review is from: Pikmin 3 Wii U Games
Pros: - Interesting bosses that retain lost health across days.
- Fun puzzles that make you revisit locations when you have new abilities.
- The story is fun and the characters very likeable.
- Mission mode will keep those looking for high scores busy.
- Multiplayer mode with Bingo Mode, where you try to collect things to scratch them off your card and make a line like in Bingo.
- You control up to three squads this time and can send them to locations automatically.
- Lots of multitasking and striving for efficiency.
- Gorgeous graphics and music.
Cons: - Game can be a little short if you are an expert at Pikmin.
- End of day can still cut you off in the middle of a boss fight (annoying but fair I guess).
- Game feels a little easier, but that could just be me. Pikmin don't die as easily as before.
- Playing with just the Wii U Gamepad feels limited compared to playing with a Wiimote and Nunchuck.
Other Thoughts: I highly recommend this to fans of the series and fans of management games. It will make you think out your day using the Wii U Gamepad's map and then do your best to carry that plan out.
The game feels a little easier than before, Pikmin sometimes taking hits and not dying (just being stunned or knocked down). It's nice for more casual players but it removes the sense of imminent danger so many things had in the previous games. You should definitely play this game with a Wiimote and Nunchuck, using your Gamepad to issue orders and view the map.
All in all, Pikmin 3 is a solid Wii U title and a must buy for fans of the series.
Pros: - Runs BF3, Metro 2033, and other quality games maxed without a hitch
- Keeps cool even during stress
- Factory overclocked for those who don't like to mess with those things
Cons: - Drivers could use some work, but they are steadily maturing
Other Thoughts: This is a great card to get if you're looking to max all games out to date with a single card. I bought it a month ago at $599, so now that it is down to $509 AND included BF3 + Dirt3, this is a steal. Wish I had waited until now, but happy with my card nonetheless.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Michael A.
Date Joined: 06/04/09
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.